Whitefish River name of the game
Ghost
618 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Guardian
To humor the kids, he took a couple of nibbles, but was far too abstracted by what he had to tell them to eat much. Besides, it was for them. They were growing, he was not. He'd scrounge something up later.

Two questions from Dragomir, the latter of which made him grin. Verx, too, thought it was rather stupid, but them's the rules. He said as much, actually -- I dunno; I don't make the rules. I wish I wasn't natrona but it is what it is. The first query was a little more difficult to answer.

I wanted to make it not dangerous, Vercingetorix remarked, shrugging slightly. I wanted to make a nice home for us, by the sea. That's how it would have been if things hadn't gone to shit in Drageda. . .you two would be born on the coast, and eventually, when you proved yourselves, become Drakru.

He had thought about it often. Dragomir kom Drakru, Isilmë kom Drakru. God, he had wanted that for them! Even if they would have had to be Ruskru or whatever the fuck you'd call it -- if they lived by the sea and Caiaphas and her witchy daughter were both gone, things would be better. Verx believed that, wholeheartedly.

But it wouldn't have worked. The wolves in Rusalka. . .I don't even know if they know what they want. Caiaphas is crazy, her daughter too, the rest of them are either blind followers or surly -- I don't know. It wouldn't work. It didn't work, and that's why we eventually had to leave.

And why Dragomir had ended up in the forest where he'd been taken. Yeah, well aware. He'd beat himself up for that until the day he died.

But right now, he thought of the day they came to the river, instead. A terrible day -- but hey, they had ended up beside water after all. Not the sea, sure, but, uh, water. And thus. . .

You're children of the water in my eyes, Verx said, switching smoothly back to Trig. I think from now on, we should be Wodakru. I'm not allowed to be Trikru, after all -- and fuck all of them. Fuck everybody else except for you two. But you don't have to take the name if you don't want to, he added, smiling. But maybe. . . I dunno. Sometimes it helps to have a name.
Common · Trigedasleng
Messages In This Thread
name of the game - by Vercingetorix - September 21, 2019, 05:35 PM
RE: name of the game - by Dragomir - September 27, 2019, 02:39 PM
RE: name of the game - by Isilmë - September 27, 2019, 04:26 PM
RE: name of the game - by Vercingetorix - September 28, 2019, 11:28 AM
RE: name of the game - by Dragomir - September 28, 2019, 04:38 PM
RE: name of the game - by Isilmë - October 11, 2019, 06:52 AM
RE: name of the game - by Vercingetorix - October 16, 2019, 11:52 AM
RE: name of the game - by Dragomir - October 19, 2019, 09:36 PM
RE: name of the game - by Vercingetorix - October 26, 2019, 12:14 PM