Blacktail Deer Plateau when you look at me, i'll be digesting your legs
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska held true, expecting a fight.

To be met instead with... god, she didn't even have a word for it --- what was it, if it wasn't giving up?

Somehow, to be met with no push back at all, was worse than the fight she had prepared for. Raleska felt like she had just shoved into an opponent, only to have it yield immediately -- the leering of her mother's gaze was met with tears brimming her eyes, but Raleska did not look away.

And then to see Ani, poor Ani -- his expression one of crestfallen disappointment, betrayal, grief -- it was worse than any expression Raleska had ever seen sorrow her mother's face.

She was shaking. Haunted by this, by the build-up of it all, by the way her mother had turned and left her just like that -- as if giving up on all of them without not even a single word..

Raleska held true, until the sensation of Rosalyn's touch to her shoulder rocked her from her stupefied world. With a hoarse gasp of air precluding a strangled sob, Raleska suddenly bolted and stole away, unable to face any of them a moment longer. Tears streamed down her face, trailing behind her -- but the girl did not slow.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
RE: when you look at me, i'll be digesting your legs - by Raleska - December 21, 2019, 03:17 PM