Sleepy Fox Hollow i'll give you a thousand pounds to show me how you do it
The shadowed stranger's sudden movement sends him stumbling backward much more quickly than before, shrieking, I didn't even do anything — His own abrupt and careless movements send a bolt of blinding pain through his shoulder, cutting off his words, but he does not stop. Another shadow appears, gilded this time, teeth flashing as fiercely as the first, and anger replaces his fear. I won't beg them, he thinks through the haze of pain and adrenaline, I won't. I won't.
Yet before he can find the courage to put his own teeth to use, a flash of black separates them, darker and truer than the speckled grey of his assailant. Helios, he thinks for a moment, irrationally, though he knows immediately that it is not. Dad? He chokes over the towering wolf's snarl, scrambling to put enough distance between himself and the newcomer to confirm his identity. Part of him is already certain; he knows his sire's scent better than any of his other parents, knows his hulking build apart from any wolf. But his father is dead, crushed under stone and dirt —
Dad, Bile races up his throat, the taste of a panic so bone-deep it sets him trembling at once. Don't — Don't fight them, don't get hurt, don't die as soon as you find me. But the rest of the words won't come. His stomach twists itself into a tightly-bound knot, and he is reduced to a shivering, agonized silence in the face of whatever may happen next.
common || « french »
Messages In This Thread
RE: i'll give you a thousand pounds to show me how you do it - by Zephyr - December 12, 2019, 02:58 PM