Neverwinter Forest Sorry can't save me now
Dad isn't dead. Neither is Lainie. I don't think Helios is dead, but I don't... He trails off, gaze dropping. He doesn't know how to explain it all to her. So much has happened; too much. I missed you too. It slips out unbidden, and he realizes it's true. He had missed his mother for a long time, and he still remembers those feelings well enough to feel something about their reunion, too.
But not as much as he should, he knows. At some point he'd forgotten what it was really like to have a mother, and he'd stopped missing her. His negative feelings have lingered well into adulthood, but the yearning faded some time ago. All he's left with now is uncertainty, and a vague sense of discomfort at the emotions Rosalie is displaying. He feels something, but not as much as she seems to, and it all feels like too much.
Still, he feels obligated to her in some way. After all, he'd killed one of her newborn children, and then he'd fled with Helios and effectively stole two more children from her life. Surely he owes her something after all that, even if he can't give her the response he knows he should have. He reaches out to touch his nose to her forehead gently, hoping the gesture will bring her the comfort he can't offer with his words.
common || « french »
Messages In This Thread
Sorry can't save me now - by Rosalie - March 16, 2020, 12:41 AM
RE: Sorry can't save me now - by Zephyr - March 23, 2020, 06:12 PM
RE: Sorry can't save me now - by Rosalie - March 23, 2020, 06:42 PM
RE: Sorry can't save me now - by Zephyr - March 24, 2020, 08:58 PM
RE: Sorry can't save me now - by Rosalie - March 24, 2020, 09:07 PM
RE: Sorry can't save me now - by Zephyr - March 24, 2020, 09:53 PM
RE: Sorry can't save me now - by Rosalie - March 25, 2020, 09:15 PM
RE: Sorry can't save me now - by Zephyr - April 05, 2020, 03:14 AM