Stone Circle I'm so used to letting go
The woodland boy had done his job. In all honesty, running around helped distract him from the slaughter he had witnessed, or well...the aftermath of one. He was tired as he made his way back to the circle. It seemed that in his time gathering the pack that his parents had dug a hole beneath one of the great stones. It wasn't new information for their dead to be buried here, but seeing a body go down made the connection ever more real. It felt surreal, like none of this had actually happened, but what a sick dream this would be to imagine on his own.

West stayed near the front of the crowd in case he was needed for anything else. He noticed the absence of his elder sister, surly for good reason but he couldn't help but hope she was alright. The boy paid no mind to the wolves that gathered behind him, he wasn't sure if it would be better to see those who arrived or not. A feeling tugged at his chest as emerald eyes bore into the torn-up ground that now consumed his Aunt. None of this felt real. Perhaps he should be crying as his Uncle had, but he had never really been one to cry. Instead, a deep frown etched into his features as his mother began her tribute. It was fitting, even if he had not known as much about his Aunt as he should have.

Perhaps he could have known her had he arrived sooner. Would he have been able to save her? To save kaito or his pups? Would it secretly have been his own fault that the cougar slipped past their borders? Maybe he should have spent more time with her when she was alive. The woodland boy had only just returned from his trip with Polaris about a week or two ago, that was plenty of time for him to get back to border patrols or reconnect with his family. It couldn't be just his fault though, West knew that. He was not the only wolf to patrol, this had simply been an accident...and to think that such dangers could exist within their own territory.
#008000 , PawprintWest's Playlist 10/10* 2/10, * = incomplete threads
Messages In This Thread
I'm so used to letting go - by RIP Valette - June 18, 2020, 03:40 PM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Siarut - June 19, 2020, 12:41 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Charles - June 19, 2020, 01:51 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Laurel - June 19, 2020, 01:54 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Oryx - June 19, 2020, 03:05 PM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Oiseaux - June 20, 2020, 12:01 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by West Tyree - June 20, 2020, 12:22 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Ikiaq - June 21, 2020, 10:49 PM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Leta - June 22, 2020, 08:33 AM
RE: I'm so used to letting go - by Greyback - June 22, 2020, 01:35 PM