Stone Circle power over me
416 Posts
Ooc — Iris
The thought that any wolf was perfect and not just a fractured puzzle with a bunch of missing pieces was foreign to Charles. If he looked around better then perhaps he would see that other wolves had better lives than him, but as it were he felt that they must all have their own problems. He imagined that when she was alone with her mother, Leta must get snapped at, too. Wasn't that just how parents were? Charles didn't really understand why everyone was so hung up on family. He liked spending time with Leta a lot more than his family, because at least she didn't hurt him.

But being called a 'cool guy' was pretty neat. It wasn't that Charles was underconfident, but he had never really considered himself a cool guy; not since spending his youth being thrown around like a ragdoll by his stronger and bigger brothers. His tail wagged a few beats to betray how pleased it made him to be called that.

Yeah, let's try find a lead, Charles said with a nod of his head and he started looking around. The truth was that Charles was horrible at tracking and hunting. He didn't contribute nearly as much as he should to the pack, and was always both afraid and tantilised by the idea that they might find out. Charles had never killed anything that wasn't already wounded. He joined in pack hunts but even then he would usually wait until the animal was slowed down. Others might think that he was simply daunted, because he was a young individual, or unsure of himself, but the truth was that Charles just didn't really know how. He wouldn't even know how to bring down a fawn, especially if an angry mother was nearby.

Anyway, for now they were still on tracking, a thing that Charles had practised on his own a bit and was decent at, but he still lacked a mentor who had taught him what all of it meant, so often he had a hard time figuring out how close or far they were or how to tell all the scents apart. He started walking and sniffing in silence, not sure what to talk about anyway.
Messages In This Thread
power over me - by Charles - August 18, 2020, 08:52 AM
RE: power over me - by Leta - August 19, 2020, 02:51 PM
RE: power over me - by Charles - August 27, 2020, 07:25 AM
RE: power over me - by Leta - September 01, 2020, 08:01 PM
RE: power over me - by Charles - September 02, 2020, 03:27 AM
RE: power over me - by Leta - September 02, 2020, 08:31 PM
RE: power over me - by Charles - September 03, 2020, 06:46 AM