Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,228 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
If only he could read the boy's mind and hear of this Maera, this Duskfire Glacier, it may have led to quite the discovery between them; but little was known of Kigipigak's grandfather or his origins. What was known to Kigipigak came passed down through the matriarchs of his tribe, back to the wanderer Saghani, who only rarely spoke of her mate to her then-newborns—the children who would become Kigipigak's aunts, uncles, and most importantly mother Sedna.

No, you are right. Smarter to find a place for the winter. Kigipigak ruminated quietly, turning his ears to gather knowledge as it flowed. Njord was not a name Kigipigak knew of Tartok and that further cemented his opinion on the outsider; however he was still intrigued and eager to linger, to learn.

Kigipigak laughed heartily when the boy stumbled over his name. The sound boomed through the cave and out, following the many curves so that it amplified like a storming gust. It is nice to meet you too, Njord.

Home is everywhere for me. I travel and see things, learn of people not of my tribe—learn of you now—but, ah, there are others. A brother and a sister, they wish to take land for themselves. I will help them. The boy boasted the tale. Your cliffs, they are near? My home will be near too, but south of here. Where the raven's gather.
Messages In This Thread
vi It's in your blood. - by Kigipigak - November 09, 2020, 08:18 PM
RE: vi It's in your blood. - by Njord - November 10, 2020, 10:35 PM
RE: vi It's in your blood. - by Kigipigak - November 11, 2020, 03:08 PM
RE: vi It's in your blood. - by Njord - November 11, 2020, 04:07 PM
RE: vi It's in your blood. - by Kigipigak - November 11, 2020, 04:53 PM
RE: vi It's in your blood. - by Njord - November 11, 2020, 05:34 PM
RE: vi It's in your blood. - by Kigipigak - November 11, 2020, 05:42 PM
RE: vi It's in your blood. - by Njord - November 11, 2020, 09:27 PM
RE: vi It's in your blood. - by Kigipigak - November 11, 2020, 10:10 PM
RE: vi It's in your blood. - by Njord - November 12, 2020, 06:57 PM
RE: vi It's in your blood. - by Kigipigak - November 13, 2020, 02:14 PM