Moonglow
Eta
writing letters addressed to the fire
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Private 
It was early morning, and Ariadne had slipped away from her shared den with @Kalultuk to get water—after she’d told him where she was going and promised to be right back. As she stepped into the icy water, shivers ran the length of her spine, but despite this, she bowed her head and drank. When she had had her fill, she lifted her head, and droplets began to fall from her chin, distorting her mirror image below. She watched them fall, and she frowned as a thought crossed her mind.

She didn’t feel like Ariadne anymore—she felt so far removed from the young woman who walked with Sedna. She had a husband now and, presumably, children on the way. She was the leader of a thriving village; everything was different now.

She lingered in place, looking at herself, lost in thought of all that had changed recently.
Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
They had spent so much time together; in exploration of their home, in secret in her bed, in the open now—so to speak—within the hunting camp. Kaluktuk did not want to be too far from her now, either. During this time she was at risk from other men. He trusted her and many of the hunters he knew, but there was a sense of claim Kaluktuk held. Of all the moments that felt like Unnuakvik, this gathering was exactly that. He knew a woman's choice was to be honored but he could not put aside the nature of men. So, he lingered.

She was there one moment, then vanished. For a few seconds Kaluktuk was afraid; he bristled and sought her scent again, following it to the cold water, where he spied her bracing against the chill. Some of his nerves eased; and he came up beside her, watching her reflection.

Agnaga. He crooned to her, with a lilt to his voice that displayed his curiosity. What was the matter? His ears pivoted to other sounds, on high alert in case other men appeared. Now that she was tinniksiruk there was much more to protect.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Kaluktuk's voice broke through her thoughts, and she turned to him with a fondness in her expression, quickly followed by an apologetic look. Uiga, she returned, lifting her snout to kiss his cheek. I was lost in thought—I am sorry for being so careless, she murmured, taking a step closer to him.
Moonglow
Kappa

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
There was no reason to be sorry. He draped himself over her shoulders, tucking her close, and then as he pulled away Kaluktuk tugged at her ear playfully, the fur of her jaw. What do you think about?
Inupiaq. · Common.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Oh, she could cry! There were already so many hormones coursing through her body, and he was being so kind! She leaned into him, burying her face into his chest until they parted again.

I have been thinking about not feeling like 'Ariadne' anymore. I am agnaga, and I might be tinniksiruk. I am no longer the agna-urak who is a Sunshine Person and walks only with Sedna—I carry Tartok in my heart, too.

I think that I am no longer Ariadne, that a new name would suit me better. Will you help me think of something, Uiga?
Moonglow
Kappa

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Challenge 

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Some adult humor.

What was spoken was nothing that Kaluktuk expected. Something about the coming spring, or the hard work of preparing hides and meats, or worries about their pairing and the resulting tension with the Moonwoman. No, it was her name! He wanted to laugh suddenly, but that would not help.

Her thoughts were valid. She was not a girl any longer (he had taken care of that!). Her ties with the Sunshine People had shifted, expanded. Kaluktuk was pleased to hear her take ownership in some way of Tartok; and he was otherwise silent.

There was only one thing that encompassed all of Ariadne now. All that she was becoming, and had attained, and as he thought of it he smiled. There is a name for you. He admitted, and as he looked to the water and watched the ripples slowly ease, he saw the two of them reflected.

Tatkigiksuk. She would know this word; their language was not so different between Moon Tribe and Tartok. Leaning close he mentions, If I was still Kigipigak, and you were Tatkigiksuk, I would be inside you always. A joke! Now! But of course.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: suggestion

Tatkigiksuk—moon shines.

While she wanted to praise him for picking such a perfect name, his remark made her laugh full-on. Oh, you! she chided playfully, bumping her shoulder to his as her laughter continued.

When she finally calmed down, she looked him straight in the eye and said, Maybe I would always like you inside of me. She grinned, glancing down at their reflections, noticing how they blended together when they were so close and appreciating how they'd become one. Maybe it will bring us good luck in this week of my season—I need you in me all the time now more than ever! She winked; they were about to bang again, weren't they?
Moonglow
Kappa

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Her answer was a shock! It was not how women of the tribes spoke in his experience, but Kigipigak was both amazed and entertained by her good humor. Knowing also that she wanted him, even now in the open, thrilled him.

Oh? You want all the hunters to hear and see us? Kigipigak would of course oblige her; this was not so strange to him. To show off that an issumatar had made her choice — and to know so many options existed around her, but it was himself that was both literally and figuratively on top.

A devious look crossed his face then. Kigipigak moved to grapple her hips, to pull her against him; a little more rough than his usual playful attempts to please her, all to make her laugh! So who owns my heart? Who is my wife now? He teased!
Inupiaq. · Common.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: adult things

He was rubbing off on her; her humor had never been so crude, but maybe Tatkigiksuk's was! It continued in the following answer: I do—and the bison, too! Dead or alive!

She giggled as he pulled her towards him, easily moved by his strength, and when he asked his questions, a fire ignited within her. Tatkigiksuk! she all but moaned, turning so she could see his face. And who is my husband? My heart? My soul? My everything? Who would always be inside of her?
Moonglow
Kappa

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker

Mature Content Warning

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: im sorry children theyre horny almost-weds

They were a good match; no matter what Kukutux thought, or Kivaluk, or Sunman! He listened to his woman call out her name, and call to him to know him, and Kigipigak welcomed all of it.

Tatkigiksuk bowed before him while he held her firmly in place, and even though he might grind her down in to the packed ice of the plains, he knew he only sought to bring her pleasure; between the sounds of them came the grunted piecemeal of his name,
Kig -- ipi -- gak!
Until it was not his voice but her's, shouting!

[...]

United for a time, celebratory there where the water showed them merge in to one blurry portrait, the pair were quite the spectacle.
Inupiaq. · Common.