Qeya River Watching
Brecheliant
Family
-Not all who wander, are lost.-
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
All Welcome 
It was with heavy tread Amalia made it to the borders. Thoughts racing, running, hurting. She knew part of her was ashamed, some was admonished, but a small emeber was also angry. Sahkmet had eased it some. But she felt different now. Perhaps it was a growing pain and she'd get over it.

She dipped her head to the ground and continued on her way. Claws digging, marking. Water leaving. She even rolled a little to release the pieces of loose fur.

It was on one such movement that she lay happily and watched a bird flit and fance along the breeze. The maneuvers it was doing filled her heart with gladness and a gentle trill of laughter fell from her maw.

Though she quickly got to her feet and continued marking the borders. Eyes following the bird when she needed to put a smile upon her face.
Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
There was commotion at the borders; not the kind that gave Kigipigak any reason to worry, though. He could hear someone working and perhaps playing, which almost sounded like someone training themselves; his mind was still focused on the habits he'd built working for Tulimaq, and it was hard to shake them all.

He knew he did not need to wake earlier than the rest for his patrols, and he knew he did not have to prepare anyone for tutelage throughout the day; Kigipigak was home now and his schedule was shifting to be more lethargic than before. He had to adapt.

When he came upon the borders he heard Amalia before he saw her - laughing, which was short but sweet. Kigipigak smiled as he approached where she lingered; her attention was upon a bird as it tried to keep level in the air.

I meant to find you earlier, he said quickly, with his usual mirth in his voice rather than the road-weariness he had picked up recently. Invigorated after a good night of sleep. I hope you are not too injured from our reunion. He lacked a better term for the mess of his return.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia turned swiftly at his approach. On edge, though as his voice filtered she relaxed into a more neutral stance. She wagged her black inked brown tip slowly. Returned his smile.

Though his next words pushed her ears to her skull. Lifted one ear and laid it down.

Nothing rest won't fix. It's good too see you return.

She titled her head. Did you see many beautiful things on your trip to Tartok?
Moonglow
Kappa

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
She appeared healthy enough, and in good spirits. Kigipigak would not push for her to reveal anything she did not want to. And he was glad to have someone to tell of his time with Tulimaq, even if it was not all good things.

I did! The north is always beautiful, but in this season it has more greens than anything. It does not experience autumn's transition as we do, really. There, it goes from green to gold and then to snow, for months!

He mused aloud of these things he loved so much. There were caribou herds traveling the same route as our warband. It was good to see, and heralds good things for us when winter comes - our own winter hunting here should be very good! He did not want to jinx the village and so he quickly moved on, —what did I miss here at home?
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia was still a bit hurt by the way things had gone, especially when her leaders had both been harsh with her. But she supposed she deserved it if nothing else. She however, had not been thinking of anything but the safety of her found family when she had rushed into the borders.

Amalia listened with rapt attention, ears forward and a smile on her face. It sounds beautiful. I do enjoy snow. We shall have to have a battle in it, you and I if you are up to it?

She loved to wrestle in the snow. She was not easily lost in snow, her pelt was found quickly.

Amalia spoke softly. After you left. I went to Moonglow to inform Kukutux. We also received two bodies. Sadie and Briggs. Sadey was wounded by a large black wolf. If I am not mistaken I believe it is that wolf you chased away from me on our first trip. That Void. Briggs went in search of him, and they stayed on for winter to add bodies to our numbers.

Amalia took a breath and continued. Moonwoman sent a wolf Sandulf to help us guard the borders. He is Rodyn's brother. I am unsure if you met him during our visit or not. Sandulf is still here. Other than that, it has been fairly quiet.
Moonglow
Kappa

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
He liked the idea of games in the snow, and especially looked forward to the descent of winter, when things were heavy and white and intense; it would be nice to see the boys reaction to it, and above all it was a joy to work with.

The joy he experienced in that moment was brief, as Amalia turned the conversation to more important matters: that of two loners who joined them, and the return of Void. The man's fur serrated with an immediate irritation. I am glad you had help while I was gone, but it is news to me that that black bastard returned to our land.

And then further, Kukutux lent her own aid in her own way? He was glad for it, and a little embarrassed that he'd left Natigvik with such a need. I am glad you have all been safe. If that man returns we will know, and he will be driven out. Those two you mentioned - the loners, are they still here? I would like to meet them.

Unknown to both of them, Colt had already taken his leave.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia too was now excited for winter and games. It would be fun. She wondered if she could make Kivaluk laugh again. His laughter was so sparse now, it actually hurt her heart to see the serious air that the boy carried. And Akkuma. She had only seen the boy once to have a conversation.

Amalia shifted. I am unsure if it is him, but from what Sadey has described it is who it sounds of. She said he is the kind of wolf that takes what he wants and doesn't ask or care what he leaves in his wake.

She shuddered slightly, a little frightened.

She nodded her head. Yes they are. I must warn you. They are extremely uncouth, and rather vulgar. Just so you are aware. Briggs seems to try and control it a little better than Miss. Sadey. But they are good at hunting and Sadey is a healer of sorts. So their skills are not unwarranted.

What was your favorite part of your trip?
Moonglow
Kappa

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
The ire that Kigipigak felt, knowing that he had left his family open to compromise by someone such as Void, did not fully taper out from his spirit the longer that he spent with Amalia. It still sparked alive at his core. However, there was nothing he could do about things now. Amalia shifted the conversation back to the trip away - as if it were as simple as that! A trip. It was so much more convoluted.

My favorite part was coming home! Kigipigak answered. I missed my boys, I missed my wife. To be called away in such a sudden manner was not something I chose; to be drafted to war with others I do not know, and be made to answer to a man I do not like, was not so great. But now he was rambling a bit, and knew it was uncouth for a leader to do such. Kigipigak did not want to worry Amalia or anyone here in the village - nor did he want to carry Tulimaq through the village in this way.

I suppose the training was not so bad. I did meet many young warriors of Tartok. It is good to see my people thrive.
Brecheliant
Family
695 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Ranger
Amalia was aware that Kigipigak, probably blamed himself, and yet at the same time. She also knew that she couldn't take that away from him. Certainly she could tell him he did nothing wrong, which he hadn't, or she could say it was all okay now, but as someone who took her own self far too seriously despite the outer happy go lucky. SHe knew that it would be almost a waste of breath, because he would be hard on himself anyway.

Amalia listened quietly, calmly. Said nothing. Well, I for one am glad you came home mostly unscathed and I'm sorry you were called away so quickly and to violence.

At the mention of his boys she smiled. I am afraid I am not close with Akkuma, but Kivaluk is a very good boy. And he will make a very good hunter someday, he already is good. He listens and puts what he learns to use. Yes, I believe you may have a good, is it Sangliak? Is that the right word?

She wasn't certain if she was saying the proper words. And they missed you. I missed you. It is nice to have you home.

It is always good to see those you care for thrive, your past and future coincide.
Moonglow
Kappa

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kigipigak's tail swayed as he listened to Amalia. She was genuine with her empathy, and kind-hearted, both things he did not expect from a wolf of Tartok and yet, he was glad she was among them. She was not a proven anneriwok or anything close to a warrior by those standards - but she could be, and Kigipigak hoped her heart would continue to be her strength.

She tested the air with a word she only half-knew, and Kigipigak chuckled as he heard it. Sangilak. It is the word for the protector, the husband. I am sure one day Kivaluk would make a fine one eventually. Perhaps there is a strong Issumatar out there in the world who would choose him! I can only hope, in the future. But this was a match-making conversation, suddenly, and Kigipigak was not equipped for it. This was a conversation to be had by women in their circle, not by the hunter or the warrior.

Kivaluk is learning. He will be anneriwok for some time, and when he is ready I will test him. I forsee great things for my son! He will be a worthy warrior of Tartok, like myself, and those that came before. He was boasting now - as much about himself as he was his son - which wasn't out of the ordinary.

If you have need of me in the future, Amalia, do not be afraid to seek me out. There are many things for me to do now that I have returned! I must see to my son, and to my wife, his eyes flashed with new warmth as he turned from Amalia's presence, as if a siren's song had begun to play that only he could hear. He did not wait, and soon was away.