Moonglow
Eta
writing letters addressed to the fire
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Private 
Although the hunt had ended, there was still much to do. The caught bison needed to be skinned, butchered, and divided amongst the participating packs. Ariadne had been working on the first phase of the job, and while she'd been having fun and satisfied by the work, she was exhausted from the day's work.

She returned to the room she shared with @Kaluktuk, still bloodied from handling the cadavers, and flopped onto the ground with a happy sigh.
Moonglow
Kappa

“We are all eaters of souls.”

Dan Simmons, 'The Terror'

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Having returned from the hunt and his confrontation with the shadow girl, Kaluktuk saw his wife-to-be sprawled in a happy mess in their private area and went to join her.

This wasn't an effort to initiate anything, although there was a playfulness to Kaluktuk as he shuffled up beside Ariadne and wedged against her. He didn't say anything and merely looked upon her with warmth upon his face.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Well! Ariadne prompted once Kaluktuk entered their room and lay beside her, You have to tell me all about it! I want to hear everything! She looked up at him with a happy face and lolling tongue, delighted to be reunited with her husband-to-be after a long day's work.
Moonglow
Kappa

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
Kaluktuk was eager to share.

I had a number of younger hunters named to my group, and we quickly organized. The plan was to have some of the quicker bodies work at the herd to keep them back, while others- like myself- worked on separating our target away.

There had been issues early on, and Kaluktuk did not want to speak of them, but neither could he lie. Ariadne wanted to know about the hunt beyond what she might have watched from afar.

One of the hunters, a dark woman, fled as soon as she saw the bison! He was a large beast with a cracked horn, a bull who had been challenging others. When I went to fill the gap that resulted, there was a body not named to our hunt that was suddenly there; she was young and wild, and smelled of the sea.

Kaluktuk sounded exasperated by all of this. I found the coward and made it known I did not appreciate the way they left. I have not yet sought the child who arrived, but... I am not sure if it would help or change anything. The bison was felled. The work was done.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
Ariadne had stolen glances at Kaluktuk and his group while watching the children. While she had noticed something had gone wrong and now had the context to back it up, she still felt it'd been an overall success. Still, her stomach twisted angrily at the mention of the wolf who abandoned the hunt. I am happy that you took care of them, she said, baring her fingers and licking them in a show of her displeasure.

When he mentioned not approaching the child, her demeanor lightened and she shook her head. No, I do not think you should do anything, she advised. Like you said, the hunt was successful, and no harm came from it. But, ultimately, it was up to him.

Then, she wondered, How did you like leading? You seemed like you were in your element and very attractive, taking charge of all those wolves. She couldn't help herself; watching him lead had turned her on.
Moonglow
Kappa

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
He was glad to have told her. They were of the same mind when it came to the hunt; beyond that, there were many wolves here with different hunting styles and experience, so it should have been more of a surprise that there were only small issues such as those he had listed. Much more could have gone wrong — and they were lucky in the end.

Ariadne's compliment brought a small chuff from Kaluktuk, who reached out for her now and cuddled her close. Oh? You like a man that can take charge? His voice, husky and deep, implied much against her ear. I know I am good at it. I was a good leader in Natigvik. Even if some of his choices had not panned out the way he'd hoped, he'd done well for himself while it had lasted.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
"Oh? You like a man that can take charge?" Kaluktuk asked, pulling Ariadne close. I do, she confirmed, feeling heat spread from head to toe like wildfire. She didn't doubt that he was a good leader of Natigvik, and while she had assumed he'd stepped up once they'd wed, seeing him lead had inspired what she said next.

I think it is time for you to be promoted to Head—to lead beside me, she said, sussing his reaction with curious eyes. It will benefit all of Moonsong, and I will need the help when you fatten me up.
Moonglow
Kappa

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
It made sense for the breeding pair of any village, sunshine or winterborn, to be united as one ruling partnership. Kaluktuk presumed such a thing would happen after they were wed, but had not spoken of this, and now Ariadne offered him the position openly. I accept. If it is your want.

He pressed his forehead to her own, then pulled away to kiss her there, then her cheeks, then her neck. He paused long enough to let her speak if that was her desire, but watched her with hungry eyes.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
It is my want, she confirmed as she looked up at him with smiling eyes. Moonsong will be better with your guidance.

She grinned, leaning into his kisses, and her tail thumped against the ground. I think there might be some congratulations in order, too. Some celebrating to do, she hoisted the upper half of her body off the ground, reaching to gently nibble at his cheek; she'd be lying if getting laid hadn't been a motivator for asking him now instead of tomorrow, when they were both better rested. After seeing him lead, she wanted him now—in every sense of the word.
Moonglow
Kappa

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
The moment she suggested they celebrate, Kaluktuk gave a throaty hum; and as she rose up with her body, he grabbed for her. This time he would be less gentle but no less accommodating to her needs; his body worn from the work of the hunt, soon their heavy breaths filled the air.

[***]

Kaluktuk did not know if they had a secret audience this time, and would not have cared even so. He felt pleasantly tired as he collapsed across Ariadne, playfully tugging her back to earth with limbs draped over her, his breath heavy.

The moment Kaluktuk had a spark of energy returned to him, he pulled her close to go again — celebrating her every inch.

[***]
Inupiaq. · Common.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
They did it again and again ... and again, for good measure. When they were done, Ariadne lay in Kaluktuk's arms, basking in the afterglow of their coupling with a satisfied look on her face. That was ... amazing, she breathed, still catching her breath. You are amazing, pikpaksriruk. She knew it was soon but meant every word of it.
Moonglow
Kappa

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
They celebrated; there was a lot of fuel for that fire, and Kaluktuk did not want it to ever end. Ariadne had built herself a home in a place of her choosing, she had chosen a man for herself, she had separated her values from those of her parents and siblings to a degree that made her independent. Soon she would become a mother! The very thought of this made Kaluktuk hungry for more, to be certain; but instead he lay there with her close, listening, preening at her furs. Seeing within her a new beginning for himself, selfishly.

Come away with me, he all but purred against her ear. After all of this; let us put aside bride price and other nonsense, and be married on our own terms. She spoke to him of love and he wished to do the same, and this was how the sentiment revealed itself. Issumatar.
Inupiaq. · Common.
Moonglow
Eta
542 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
"Come away with me. After all of this; let us put aside bride price and other nonsense, and be married on our own terms." Kaluktuk purred.

His offer was appealing, but Ariadne knew it would come with consequences. After all, a bride price had been set, and as far as she knew, that would have to be paid before they could wed; she wondered what would happen if it remained unpaid. She didn't entertain the thought for long as his voice cut in again and said her rightful title: "Issumatar"; a reminder of her control. Sunshine people be damned—doting over Kivaluk and Chickadee's wedding, alienating their actual children, babying the one who acted poorly. She thought of Kaluktuk and his ways and how he'd shown her nothing but love; it was a decision between her desire and her duty. She'd always been loyal to the way of the Sunshine people but felt that loyalty had only gotten her so far.

Consequences be damned; she had an awful taste in her mouth, but she swallowed it down and leaned to whisper in his ear. I will follow you, sangilak.
Moonglow
Kappa

1,204 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ranger
Tracker
He had not known what to expect when he had said it. Ariadne was loyal to her mother, beloved by her people, and did not know what else the world might offer. They had talked at length a few times about where Kaluktuk came from and the different outlooks between their people; he did not want to remove her from what she was accustomed to, only make room for himself, and make valid his own views. Or that is what he told himself - but as Ariadne looked to him now, as she spoke those words to him, he realized his own thinking was wrong.

He wanted a foothold in the Wilds for his people. He wanted to be seen by those under Kukutux as equally powerful. He wanted his son to finally see his strength and understand his father. These things could happen a number of ways, but with Ariadne things would be made possible, and she was open to it.

He pulled her close and kissed her. Kaluktuk held her with such tenderness, although she had ignited him again into a familiar desire that was between them. He rolled like an avalanche across her to bury her beneath him; exhausted, passionate, lustful, enamored.
Inupiaq. · Common.