Sunset Valley I wish I didn't need you to explain
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Sleep did not come to her easily either. She felt tired enough to pass out, but her mind wouldn't quiet down enough to let her. She could feel Taikon stir anxiously beside her, and she assumed his own mind would not allow him relief either. But eventually, he stilled and she could hear as his breathing became slow and steady; listening to it was almost peaceful, and it slowly pulled her into sleep, as well. 

But the peace did not follow her into her dreams; they were mostly flickers of emotions and faces of those she loved. It had all been a blur of pain and guilt until finally it all settled and she found herself standing within Diaspora. The land was lush and green and held none of the ruble it did now. In front of her stood Stigmata and all four of her children, only they were all adults. Mahler was there too. They all stared at her as if she had committed some terrible crime. There was judgement and disgust in each of their expressions, and she just stood there, unable to explain or change what had happened. But whatever had happened was fuzzy and unclear—all she knew was that she felt despair and remorse deep within her heart, and there was nothing she could to change things. And then the ground rumbled beneath their paws; it started out low and ominous, increasing in strength until they could barely keep themselves upright. A loud crack sounded through the air and the ground ripped apart in front of her. She watched as her family tumbled down into nothingness while she stood there, helpless and frozen. 

Then her eyes flew open, and she was staring at a sunlit patch of ground in front of her paws. It was quiet and cold, and when she lifted her head, she saw that Taikon still lay beside her. It had all been a nightmare, although her heart was much slower to realize that as it ached and beat against the walls of her chest. The cave was dimly lit, and she wasn't sure if he was awake yet. Taikon? she said quietly, not wanting to wake him if he was still asleep.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 21, 2020, 12:05 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 21, 2020, 12:27 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 21, 2020, 10:43 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 21, 2020, 11:29 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 22, 2020, 12:42 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 22, 2020, 01:09 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 22, 2020, 01:48 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 22, 2020, 02:15 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 23, 2020, 12:45 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 23, 2020, 01:38 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 23, 2020, 02:33 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 23, 2020, 11:11 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 24, 2020, 01:24 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 24, 2020, 07:32 PM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Takiyok - November 25, 2020, 12:52 AM
RE: I wish I didn't need you to explain - by Taikon - November 25, 2020, 05:34 PM