Mount Apikuni I went through hell to get to high water
He's too late. The mountain lion seems almost as terrified by the sight of him as he is of it, but it isn't enough to spare Takiyok. Zephyr doesn't see how it happens — he's too focused on the lion, on those claws — but somewhere between his arrival and the other predator's flight, the woman goes down. He changes his focus, coming to a stop alongside her fallen form, heart racing as he tries to put the cougar out of his mind. His eyes find the blood pooling at her head, and briefly he imagines how easy it'd be to leave her here, to let her bleed out and keep Taikon for himself —
But he'd given his word. He tries and fails to remember what medics use to stop wounds from bleeding, and ultimately settles for shifting the woman and pressing a foreleg to the wound. Blood soaks through his fur quickly — but then it starts to work. It seems like an eternity before it feels safe to move away. The bleeding doesn't start again when he removes his leg, so he takes that as a good sign, and reaches for her scruff. It won't be a short or easy trip, but he nonetheless starts to drag her back to where he'd left @Taikon, hoping he won't regret his decision to keep his word. As if it'd ever really been a choice.
common || « french »
Messages In This Thread
I went through hell to get to high water - by Takiyok - November 29, 2020, 08:11 PM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 29, 2020, 08:23 PM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Takiyok - November 29, 2020, 09:12 PM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 01:16 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 01:36 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 01:56 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 02:11 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 02:18 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 02:31 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 02:43 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 02:53 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Zephyr - November 30, 2020, 02:59 AM
RE: I went through hell to get to high water - by Taikon - November 30, 2020, 03:06 AM