Blackfeather Woods When I wake up, I'm afraid
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She was surprised to hear Zephyr calling her name, though she kept it from her expression as she paused and then turned to face him. She had intentionally given him space after everything that had happened with Taikon. He had mentioned Zephyr was very upset about how things had ended between them, and being that she had felt rejection more than once, she could understand his feelings. She knew a conversation was needed, but she also knew it might be best to wait until things calmed a little. But if he wanted to talk now, she certainly wouldn't turn him away.

She dipped her head in return to his greeting. Zephyr she said evenly. And then he cut right to the chase, something she appreciated, actually. She hated small talk, especially when there were clearly other things to be discussed. As surprised as she was to be speaking to Zephyr so soon after arriving at the forest, she was not at all surprised that he expected something in return for their prolonged stay here. Nothing in life was free—it was not only something she understood well, but also something she lived by herself. She rarely gave her time or resources to others out of the kindness of her heart, with the exception of children. She merely nodded curtly and let him continue to speak. Of course he wanted her loyalty—it was a coveted commodity. They had borders here, but they were tentative at best; it spoke of a recent claim, and she knew some might view that as an easy target. She and Taikon were strong, able fighters; it made sense that they would want them to stay and help them establish these woods for their pack. But there was more to his request, something that made irritation swell in Taki's chest. She was careful to keep her expression blank as he explained why he felt the need to police her uterus. That was certainly like a man, so he had that down. 

Taktuq is my number one concern right now, she said first. She has been through a lot, and I want her to have safety and stability. She paused and drew in a deep breath. Obviously, that means Taikon and I have discussed a more long term stay here, and of course my loyalty would come with that. She would not take from the pack and rely on its structure without offering to protect the forest and its inhabitants in return. But, it is our plan to have children in the spring, and so that puts me in a difficult place. I do not want to displace my niece again, but neither am I okay with being told that I cannot have children because of your opinion based solely on your life experience and the life experiences of a few others. There was none of the indignation she felt in her tone; her words were only matter of fact. I do understand where you are coming from, though, and I am sorry that your parents failed you. Unfortunately, parenthood is not for everyone, and it is a crime that the children pay for that the most. She paused and searched his face a moment. So what exactly are you asking for? she asked bluntly. There was clearly more to this conversation.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Takiyok - December 06, 2020, 09:54 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Zephyr - December 09, 2020, 01:44 AM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Takiyok - December 09, 2020, 07:31 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Zephyr - December 09, 2020, 08:18 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Takiyok - December 09, 2020, 09:15 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Zephyr - December 09, 2020, 10:11 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Takiyok - December 09, 2020, 11:02 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Zephyr - December 09, 2020, 11:26 PM
RE: When I wake up, I'm afraid - by Takiyok - December 10, 2020, 12:00 AM