Neverwinter Forest Water from your broken iris fell toward the floor
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
His stomach twisted as she talked, and honestly only some of it stuck in his brain, the rest was immediately boxed up for later because he just could not deal with it all. He swayed in place, trying to keep from just walking away, being sick, something, but the only way Mal could do so was focusing in on the uncompromising truth, But can you justify his? What about helping to hunt down and end the guy who attacked Liliana, huh? Is that now forgivable to you? I can't understand why you of all wolves would want to be anywhere near a wolf who you know is such a monster to women let alone-- He cut off, shook his head. The whole thing was making him queasy, he couldn't think too deep into it it was too much, His existence puts you in danger. The wolves he keeps company of put you in danger. You know they like attacking people unprovoked -- hell, you read me the riot act because Hua took one of their deserters in and then this is your choice? It doesn't make any sense why you'd just go along with it! How could Simmik think this was totally ok and normal? It wasn't. That should be obvious. And there was no way he was just gonna be like "oh, yeah, that's just how it is."

How could she be doing this? Nothing about it is stronger. Deciding to give up on what's right and joining in on their corruption isn't strength. It's the opposite -- it's weakness, emptiness, and -- Again he cut off, this time before he said something he'd regret if he continued down that same vein. This was all his fault. He didn't do enough. You're under his paw -- he abducted you, kept you there, and then showed up here over your shoulder to make sure that we all knew you were his property instead of the independent wolf we all love. You're far better and stronger than him, but he's making you his shadow. It was the only way the pieces could possibly fit together -- whether she realized it or not, she was letting him control her, corrupt her. He was the one making the choices, not Simmik herself. It wasn't right.

But the frustration and anger also turned mournful, I'm sorry that you were left there -- everything I tried, none of it worked. You didn't deserve this fate. I did fail you. And now she was going to just abandon him like every other wolf in his life? But somehow this was far worse than the others. Probably the combination of who it was, and why -- and how callous she was being about it all. She was really going to say this with Donovan lurking over her shoulder the whole time? God, maybe he should have stayed so Mal could have projectile-vomited right in his face.

Why was it too much for the world to let him live happily with his best friend? Why was this happening to him? Who was next? Aibreann? Caerus? Hua? This was supposed to be a joyful meeting, but that emotion had been so instantly fleeting that it had basically not existed. The void it left was immensely painful in many ways.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Water from your broken iris fell toward the floor - by Mal - February 21, 2021, 04:44 AM