Jade Fern Grove i didn't even feel when i took my eyes off you
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
She seemed friendly enough, and since she was a woman Laurel felt at ease enough. She'd learned throughout her life that men could not be trusted, but women were usually trustworthy enough. They might attack, but not so often unprecedented, and at least they would only take your skin and blood if they did attack; not your dignity. Now now, don't forget we are good at taking sanity as well, my love, hissed his voice in her head to prove a point.

Praimfaya was quite a mouthful. Laurel could not help but wonder if Sequoia was just a party animal that she thought the other wolves around Rivenwood were sticks in the mud, or that she and this Praimfaya had had a negative encounter of sorts. Either way, Laurel set Sequoia aside for now and focused on the conversation. She nodded when Praimfaya asked her if she was new to Rivenwood.

The next question was just as easy to answer. I've lived in Easthollow for some time before this, said Laurel, and she watched her pack mate's face to see if she recognised the name. When its leader Valette died, there were not enough wolves left for us to stick together. I came here with Xan, my... Yes, what exactly had they been? Mate? The father of her children? The future father of her children? Laurel's expression dropped a little, sorrowfully. We planned to start a family here, in Rivenwood. I was looking forward to watching my children grow up in the beautiful Bypass... But it seems he left around the same time that we moved there. Laurel looked down at the ground as she thought of it. She looked sad, mostly, even though her blood boiled with anger for him. Understandable, dearest. You're not getting any younger. Next year might be too late for a new start, for another chance at being a good mother — and we both know you need it so desperately.
Messages In This Thread