Jade Fern Grove i didn't even feel when i took my eyes off you
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Praimfaya seemed to know of Easthollow. It'd been her home for a long time, yet she had never felt at home. Even Rivenwood so far exuded more warmth than the circle of stones ever had. Not by any fault of Valette's; her leader had tried hard, but Easthollow was full of painful memories. Valette was very kind, she said, remembering how the leader had taken her and her unborn children in. But even so, the stones were covered in blood -- the blood of Iliksis, the blood of Indra, the blood of her own children, by her own hands... No. Easthollow had been doomed for a long time. She should have realised it herself before she let fate dictate her path. Rivenwood felt like a chance at redeeming the bad memories of Easthollow rather than being pushed into them face first every single day.

A fresh start, she hoped.

A what? Laurel asked, blinking, when she mentioned branwoda. A fool? Laurel had never heard the word before, and it showed on her face. However, when 'fool' was mentioned, Laurel grinned in agreement. He'd had his second chance and he'd ruined it. She'd be bulletproof from heron out. She wouldn't give her heart away so easily again. She smiled, the first genuine smile she offered. Thank you, she said, finding herself a little bashful at the words; an unusual emotion for the tan woman. They had only just met, so to have the man who left her called a fool meant something to Laurel. More than she could describe in words.

The next thing Praimfaya offered meant a lot to her, too. Really? she queried, clearly taken aback by the offer and the immediate consent. They'd only just met; this was since Valette level kindness. It felt like a lot. Just like how Mahler had offered them a spot in his pack. How Sequoia had felt almost like a lost sister. Perhaps Rivenwood truly could mend some of the pain inflicted in the past. Thank you so much, Praimfaya, Laurel said, clearly not sure how to express herself. I'm going to give it some thought. I'll let you know, too, what I decide. To be a mother... It's a wonderful thing, beyond words. I would like to experience it again, though I had hoped to have a mate by my side this time. Laurel looked away ruefully. She did not think the children would be any less off for it, but it would have been good to have had some help. She wasn't getting any younger.
Messages In This Thread