Ouroboros Spine am I settling up or settling down
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane enjoyed the journey through the Moonglow; the familiar territory from several months prior had shed its winter coat and grown into its glorious springtime raiment. Lane kept her eyes peeled for familiar faces-- Keyni in particular-- but the pair were fated to complete their journey uninterrupted.

Lane watched carefully, every bit Kukutux's eager student. She was surprised to see Kukutux produce the fungus; upon inspection, it was one that Lane knew to be poisonous-- not to the body, but to the mind. Not that Lane herself had ever experimented with such a thing; she took the word of her parents on that one. 

However, it was not unheard of for herbs which were poisonous to ingest to be of medicinal use when topically applied. Lane carefully watched as Kuktux brew her witches potion... although Lane didn't believe in such things as witches, it was hard to think of the burgundy, broiling substance as anything but sorcery. Lane was starting to understand why some wolves characterized their medics as magicians. 

Kukutux noted that the cleansing would be painful, and Lane nodded. She'd had some experience with a hot-water cleansing, thanks to Vein, and she vividly recalled how the waters of the hot springs had stung her infected paw. 

Finally, Kukutux recommended the oral dosage of "one claw." Lane returned her grin with a small, conspiratorial smile of her own, although her feelings on the matter didn't quite match her expression. Lane was torn. On one paw, she respected Kukutux immensely for her medical proficiency, but on the other, she was decidedly opposed to the use of mind-altering substances. 

All too often, such substances were employed as means to "commune with spirits" or bring on some sort of religious experience, which wolves would then use to justify actions and decisions that could not be otherwise supported by logic or principle. Lane would not prescribe a known hallucinogen to her patients.. not until she had experienced the effects herself, at least. But she would experiment with that on her own time, using her own witch's brew. 

"Thank you, Kukutux," Lane breathed, hoping she sounded appropriately reverent. She was grateful that Kukutux had shared this secret, and also eager to start experimenting with her own brews. Hopefully, she could come up with a dosage that was effective without inducing any mind-altering side affects. 

Lane would depart from Moonglow by way of the Chimera Fields, continuing on until she reached the ocean. She would then turn north, following the coast until she came to the Taiga. It was a longer path home, to be sure, but with her belly growing heavier seemingly by the day, scaling the mountains again was out of the question. 

Feel free to write a fade or archive!
Messages In This Thread
am I settling up or settling down - by Lane - May 30, 2021, 06:33 AM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Kukutux - May 30, 2021, 09:50 AM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Zane - May 30, 2021, 01:34 PM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Lane - June 02, 2021, 11:35 AM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Kukutux - June 03, 2021, 06:47 PM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Lane - June 04, 2021, 08:13 AM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Kukutux - June 04, 2021, 01:13 PM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Lane - June 07, 2021, 11:46 AM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Kukutux - June 07, 2021, 12:12 PM
RE: am I settling up or settling down - by Lane - June 07, 2021, 01:04 PM