Dragoncrest Cliffs i'll wait for years until the clouds spin their silk
this got deleted the first time i wrote it so this second version probably sucks im sorry
the woman who answers his call — erzulie, he remembers — is a stark contrast from the leader who had accepted him into the pack; pelted in caramel and cream, with mismatched eyes that draw a momentary, awed glance before his eyes avert and he dips his head in greeting. respect is paramount, he reminds himself, knowing that his place here is dependent on the good graces of the alpha pair.
a fact which leaves him torn when she asks a question he would rather not answer.
a fairly young pack to the southeast of sapphique. duskfire glacier, speaking of it leaves him feeling a little ill, but he presses forward, knowing she'll want to hear the reason he hadn't simply stayed with his pack. besides, he can't let her think he'd been kicked out. the alpha there… he seemed intent on filling the pack with pups. i had no intention of adding to that number — i was their guardian, i stuck to the outskirts. but i guess… i thought it would be easier to recognize the signs. i was far from the pack's borders, with raimo, when i realized what was happening, and i never went back.
but there's more, and with raimo's apparent secrecy having set the tone for all of this, he knows he needs to tell the full story. minus wintersbane's more intimate involvement, if he can help it. i had no plans, only raimo's promise. so when i started to feel… ill — when i started to gain weight despite my self-exile — i sought him first. and then i thought to offer my skills as a guardian for a place here. but she probably knows that, doesn't she? he continues nonetheless. i didn't know he'd kept the situation from you and rosalyn until i arrived. i apologize for that — for the insult to your authority with these circumstances. i am grateful for this… opportunity. i don't know how long i'll be useful — i've never… he swallows. i'll be at the borders for as long as i can, and back to it as soon as i'm able.
common || « french »
Messages In This Thread
RE: i'll wait for years until the clouds spin their silk - by Zephyr - August 07, 2021, 08:04 PM