Swiftcurrent Creek This isn't funny. Come back!
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,122 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Merrit didn't soften the blow. Greyback had passed. That was not much of a surprise to her. He had been old, he had a good life. She wondered how her mother was doing though, because well, she didn't have the best of luck in that department. She hoped she wouldn't go after her mother in that way, since well, Derg was currently missing too. "I see," she spoke quietly, searching for the right words. She did feel a sadness wash over her. Greyback had been good to her in a way, like a father, since her own she had never known. But, they hadn't ended on good terms. She had been in a bad place when living in Easthollow after Kaito's death.

She gritted her jaw when Merrit spoke of not being done. She felt her heart pick up in speed. Then there it was... Mother was dead. Valette was dead. She opened her mouth to speak but she was just stunned. She tried to form a word but then... nothing came out of it. One of the stones, that always seemed unmovable, they... fell? She looked at her brother in disbelief. And the fact that he had been there to witness it. But that was not all, Easthollow had gone. With her mother passing everyone just dispersed? She just shook her head a little. She couldn't believe her mother was actually gone. She had lived in so much fear that her mother would drag her back to Easthollow. And now, her and her familial pack didn't exist anymore.

Stunned with that realization, she sank down in a sitting position. She had been mad at her mother, and Arlette wasn't sure if she was still mad at her. She had found peace and a family at the Saints. At the time she really didn't know what they did, what her mate did to some wolves... But it was home now. A group of wolves that valued her for... her. They would die to protect her. A nudge on her shoulder seemed to take her from her touch. Thyme. Her little boy. She automatically offered a lick on top of his head before facing Merrit. "I don't know if I have forgiven mother yet," she spoke then to him. "Though I never expected that when I left Easthollow that would be the last time I would see them," she admitted.

"But, Merrit-- To have seen that. I'm so sorry. I want to ask if you are alright, but... that is perhaps a question I can answer myself." She looked over him. He didn't seem as distraught though. "When... When did this happen Merrit? You said you and Kallik were left? But last time I saw you, you were with Kallik. Which would mean that if you two were together so far away from Easthollow..." She paused, her ears flattening. "When did mother die, Merrit?" She asked again. Had he known last time without telling her?
Messages In This Thread
This isn't funny. Come back! - by Thyme - August 10, 2021, 07:34 AM
RE: This isn't funny. Come back! - by Arlette - August 10, 2021, 07:39 AM
RE: This isn't funny. Come back! - by Merrit - August 11, 2021, 02:29 PM
RE: This isn't funny. Come back! - by Thyme - August 12, 2021, 02:32 AM
RE: This isn't funny. Come back! - by Arlette - August 12, 2021, 02:41 AM
RE: This isn't funny. Come back! - by Merrit - August 12, 2021, 11:50 PM
RE: This isn't funny. Come back! - by Thyme - August 13, 2021, 03:54 AM
RE: This isn't funny. Come back! - by Arlette - August 13, 2021, 04:00 AM
RE: This isn't funny. Come back! - by Merrit - August 13, 2021, 09:13 AM
RE: This isn't funny. Come back! - by Thyme - August 13, 2021, 10:56 AM
RE: This isn't funny. Come back! - by Arlette - August 13, 2021, 11:13 AM