Duskfire Glacier I screamed his name till the neighbors called the cops
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane nodded somberly as Rye gave his opinion on Iana's whereabouts. It sounded extremely optimistic, truth be told, but then Rye's optimism was one of the reasons she liked him so much, wasn't it? 

Lane's eyes landed on patch of ivory blooms. She halted, carefully harvesting the feverfew while regaling Rye with her tales of adventure. By them time the feverfew was removed from the ground, the conversation had moved on to her children. 

Lane sighed as Rye mentioned her abandonment of her children. "Yes, Wayfarer was very vocal about that, I expect," she acquiesced, identifying the source of his information immediately. After a pause, she explained, "My own parents were in and out my entire childhood, and it was never a big deal." She'd had other wolves around to take care of her, and her parents managed to teacher her all the important stuff. After a moment, she relented, "But my littermates and I didn't have anything to compare it to. It was normal for us. Veteran and Wayfarer see the other moms here doing things differently, and so I guess my way looks wrong to them." Lane suspected that her way looked wrong to many of the adults too, but no one had outright confronted her about it as of yet.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I screamed his name till the neighbors called the cops - by Lane - October 24, 2021, 11:45 AM