Lion Head Mesa she reeled in my sight
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
Within his mind, Aventus moved pieces on a war map.

He wandered the red lands of Akashingo's claim without stopping to speak with the residents nor even see much of their perfumed palace. The sun on his dark back was uncomfortable for a wolf accustomed to colder climes, but the cloying scent of flowers underground was worse. It was not an understatement to say that Aventus hated this place and all its indulgence, so it was easier to remain fixed upon a goal and disappear into his thoughts.

It was a shame he had not had more time in Moonglow. It was possible he would have been able to garner their support if he was better trusted among their number. His cover there was blown; he could not return, not even after this, having departed without a word as he had. Oh well. The bear's need for blood would be satisfied in the coming days. Moonglow was of no consequence now.

How Merrick had discovered these wolves with a common enemy, he did not know. Perhaps there were others that could be rallied to the cause. The Saints were formidable but even they could not take on the might of two packs, let alone many. But how to find them?

Aventus spotted his father ahead, wearing a rut into the red earth. Forcing himself up and out of his contemplations, he padded toward the man. Merrick was lost without Astara. He hoped only that in the aftermath of this bloody affair, his father could find meaning elsewhere. The Bruin-jaw missed his mother fiercely and loved her dearly, but he worshipped Merrick. He could not lose his father, too, without himself becoming untethered.

We need information, he suggested in a softened tone, lest Merrick strike out at him. Akashingo had a lot of information, but it wasn't as current as it could be. I do not think they would recognize me if I went looking for them. With his nondescript black coat, lack of visible scars, and unremarkable body structure, the only thing they might find familiar about Aventus were his pale eyes, but even those were not so unique. Even his scent was much changed from when he was a cub. His confidence in it was due to inexperience, but rooted some in truth. Of all of Ursus, he would be the most unrecognizable of all.
Messages In This Thread
she reeled in my sight - by Merrick - October 13, 2021, 08:57 AM
RE: she reeled in my sight - by Aventus - October 13, 2021, 11:36 AM
RE: she reeled in my sight - by Merrick - October 13, 2021, 01:50 PM
RE: she reeled in my sight - by Arielle - October 13, 2021, 08:40 PM
RE: she reeled in my sight - by Aventus - October 16, 2021, 11:28 AM
RE: she reeled in my sight - by Merrick - October 16, 2021, 12:55 PM
RE: she reeled in my sight - by Arielle - October 16, 2021, 03:33 PM
RE: she reeled in my sight - by Aventus - October 20, 2021, 04:37 PM
RE: she reeled in my sight - by Merrick - October 20, 2021, 06:08 PM