Redtail Rise i am sometimes more doubt than man
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
All Welcome 
@Arielle @Cyril @Bernadette @Pandora @Avicus @Prophet We may need to wait for this thread to progress further to know for sure who is coming with, but I wanted to get this up to avoid backdating too far. Set May 24th before Avicus goes into labor! I've assumed Arielle is present. <3

It was a long journey with frequent stops. Leaving the valley behind and dissolving Ursus should have weighed heavy on him — it was his family's legacy and he had let it all fall to ash — but, on the contrary, his steps felt lighter the further they went from Bearclaw. Around the halfway point, he began to groom his fur during their breaks, working out the knots from his neglect. He began to come alive again, and began to dote on Arielle with small kills and comforts, though he still lacked the words to apologize or tell her things would be okay.

In him thrummed a combination of excitement, dread, fear, and intense longing to return to his boyhood when none of these things were his responsibility. No bears descended on them. No Saints appeared to harass them. No sign of Indra or Abel or Laurel's packmates. It was an uneventful trip that solidified Aventus' belief that this was the right choice.

It was late afternoon when they arrived, Aventus at the head with the old yellow-brown pelvic bone in his jaws. He had left the other relics behind. Evien's skull had always unnerved him and was left carelessly, and Astara's he could not bear to touch any longer; that one, he buried deep down in the earth of Tumbleview and covered over with flowers and grasses in hopes it would never be unearthed.

He placed the bone down at his paws, drew in a shallow breath, and howled.
Messages In This Thread
i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Aventus - May 27, 2022, 01:37 PM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Arielle - May 27, 2022, 05:38 PM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Avicus - May 28, 2022, 01:40 PM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Aventus - May 29, 2022, 04:47 PM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Arielle - May 30, 2022, 01:59 AM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Avicus - June 01, 2022, 08:31 AM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Cyril - June 01, 2022, 10:47 AM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Aventus - June 03, 2022, 12:37 AM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Arielle - June 03, 2022, 04:55 PM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Avicus - June 03, 2022, 06:45 PM
RE: i am sometimes more doubt than man - by Aventus - June 07, 2022, 02:49 PM