Redtail Rise while the future is fast coming for you, it always flinches first
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
Private 
I dropped the ball on the previous thread you created for me, so I thought I'd make us a new one as one of my new blank slate threads, since a lot has happened since then. <3 PS feel free to have Akashingo catch Aventus' scent from his prowling around their borders in the dead of night. I hope that BTS reference is okay, if not, let me know and I'll change it!

Aventus returned to the Rise empty-handed.

He didn't need to ask at Akashingo to know his wife was not there. He had ghosted along their borders in the black of night, searching for a trace of her scent, and found naught. He was glad to avoid being pulled back into Ramesses' strange hospitality but gutted by Arielle's absence there. In the surrounding lowlands he had spoken with several passersby, receiving the same answer from all. No one had seen a red, black and grey wolf.

Wherever Arielle had gone, he could not follow her. Several times on his return trip home, he considered turning back and seeking an audience with the pharaoh to see if he knew anything of her whereabouts, but he remembered what had happened when he was last there. Shame drove him away.

He fixed his sons' faces in his mind — the only thing Aventus felt he had left to live for — and pressed on toward home.

When he crossed the borders, he was too exhausted to notice the absence of Atreus' scent among the markers. He rubbed his shoulders against the bark of two nearby trees so Avicus, Prophet, and Augur would know he was home on the next patrol, then began his weary way through the trees and up the slope. Only then did he take note that Atreus' scent was scarce and stale on the usual trails; his rebellious son must be out in the wilds again.

Perhaps @Ancelin would know where his brother could be found so Aventus could look for him later. Pitching his voice low, he called out for his mottled son to join him.
Messages In This Thread
while the future is fast coming for you, it always flinches first - by Aventus - November 02, 2022, 11:57 PM