Pledged
Dragonspine
875 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
All Welcome 
As much as she adored her new siblings, Masque found herself struggling with the memory of their birth. She respected her mother greatly for going through pregnancy, labor and delivery, but seeing it all with her own eyes made the young she-wolf all the more certain she never, ever wanted to go through it herself.

Furthermore, seeing the way @Ashlar engaged with the pups shook her belief that all of this was women’s work. That was probably for the best, though, seeing as she felt herself pulling away from that identity once more. Masquerade might not be able to change her genes or her physiology, though that didn’t mean she must identify with the feminine.

Today, they dragged the carcass of a wild turkey to @Avicus’s whelping den. They dropped the dead hen at the door, then woofed to announce their arrival. They squinted through the doorway, trying to make out the little bundles of joy. Masque could see @Redsky and the twins (@Fifth and @Mulherin) squirming at their dam’s breast.

Tags are invitational, not obligational, although I would looove a thread with baby sibs! :)
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
Aquaplane - by Masquerade - March 27, 2023, 11:14 AM
RE: Aquaplane - by Redsky - March 27, 2023, 12:43 PM
RE: Aquaplane - by Avicus - March 27, 2023, 03:00 PM
RE: Aquaplane - by Mulherin - March 27, 2023, 06:55 PM
RE: Aquaplane - by Masquerade - March 29, 2023, 12:44 PM
RE: Aquaplane - by Redsky - March 30, 2023, 11:56 AM
RE: Aquaplane - by Avicus - April 01, 2023, 11:11 AM
RE: Aquaplane - by Masquerade - April 03, 2023, 11:58 AM
RE: Aquaplane - by Carrion - April 06, 2023, 08:55 PM
RE: Aquaplane - by Avicus - April 17, 2023, 11:36 AM
RE: Aquaplane - by Masquerade - April 17, 2023, 12:09 PM