Sea Lion Shores the preacher in a t-shirt told me i could be a leader
Rivenwood
Ash

i'd be a believer
if it was all just song and dance
208 Posts
Ooc — Twin
All Welcome 
She hadn't meant to go this far out, really.
She'd been so distracted, searching for rocks along the shoreline that led to the landbridge. By the time she'd realized it, she'd been so far out already; and so she just... kept walking.
She grew more confident with every step, even as the tides had begun to reach her wrists and ankles. She found herself laughing at how easy it had been, laughing at the freedom that she felt surging through her body, urging her to move onward — but as she set foot upon the mainland, she realized that she could no longer see the bridge.
What faced her now was uninhabited nothingness as far as the eye could see. No others greeted her, no grand scenery or fresh prey, no valiant pack of warriors like the moon-people Gramma had come from that would celebrate her bravery.
Just empty beaches with roaring waves, and aside from that; quiet. An eerie kind of quiet, one that she felt now in her bones. She found that even when she shouted, her words did not go far.
This wasn't what she thought it'd be like.
Messages In This Thread
the preacher in a t-shirt told me i could be a leader - by Dinah - August 07, 2023, 05:06 PM