Pledged
Dragonspine
903 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Avicus didn’t just accept the idea, she replied, “Must be you.”

Once, this idea would’ve struck them as improbable to the point of absurdity. They weren’t suited to the role. There were so many other, more natural leaders in the rise. But over time, many of them had defected. Masquerade remained, pouring all of themself into the pack’s present and future and, in return, slowly but surely gaining confidence and experience. Their loyalty was second to none.

And Avicus Redtail herself believed in them: a defining moment. They knew Mulherin believed in them and his three litter mates might too. Perhaps the rest of the pack may, as well, though some of them had snubbed Masque before. That was in the past though. Perhaps most importantly of all, Masquerade believed in themself these days.

I’ve spent a lot of time caring for the four, the yearling continued, unaware that one of them spied in the backdrop before slinking away. Empowered by their mother’s resolute sanction, they posited, I see a lot of potential in Mulherin too. He’s still young but I think he should shadow you as well, learn from you alongside myself.

They could tell their mother was hungry, so they did not elaborate beyond that. Giving Avicus a moment to consider the latest and last pitch they would make for now, the Ulfr sniffed toward the hole at the red wolf’s feet. Their ears pushed forward on their head as they froze rigidly in place, trying to hear any stirring just beneath the surface.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
the island of the fay - by Avicus - October 21, 2023, 03:17 PM
RE: the island of the fay - by Masquerade - October 21, 2023, 03:29 PM
RE: the island of the fay - by Avicus - October 21, 2023, 03:45 PM
RE: the island of the fay - by Masquerade - October 21, 2023, 03:57 PM
RE: the island of the fay - by Avicus - October 21, 2023, 04:06 PM
RE: the island of the fay - by Masquerade - October 21, 2023, 04:16 PM
RE: the island of the fay - by Avicus - October 21, 2023, 04:24 PM
RE: the island of the fay - by Masquerade - October 21, 2023, 04:31 PM
RE: the island of the fay - by Carrion - October 21, 2023, 04:51 PM
RE: the island of the fay - by Avicus - October 21, 2023, 06:24 PM
RE: the island of the fay - by Masquerade - October 21, 2023, 07:03 PM