Swiftcurrent Creek August slipped away into a moment in time.
i’ve been the archer, i’ve been the prey
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Eshe had been outside the territory, collecting herbs from the meadow, while Ibis and Akavir had spoken. She had nearly completed her task by the time Arlette had discovered her husband, and she was just gathering the last of the plants when the urgent howl rose from the creek. There was only so much a howl could say, but something about the tone struck her with a foreboding feeling that sent her running, forgetting all about the day's worth of work.

When she arrived, she quickly looked over her husband, feeling tears swell in her eyes as she examined him, her nose hovering above him as she checked his vitals. There were about a million questions that she wanted to ask, but she stayed silent, knowing they wouldn't help now; they had a job to do. H-He's hot, she croaked, unable to find her voice at first. We need borage leaves and water, she didn't doubt that her friend thought similarly. We'll also need thyme for when he wakes up, just in case he's in shock ...

She leaned over then, feeling her tears fall freely now, and nosed his cheek, hoping to see if that's rouse him. C-Can you g-get those for me? she asked. I'll try and wake him up. Her nudges turned gentle, and soon she began to kiss him instead.
Messages In This Thread
August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Ibis (Ghost) - November 16, 2023, 02:06 PM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Akavir - November 23, 2023, 01:34 PM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Akavir - November 23, 2023, 02:14 PM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Akavir - November 27, 2023, 11:46 AM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Akavir - November 27, 2023, 10:22 PM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Akavir - November 27, 2023, 10:45 PM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Arlette - November 28, 2023, 06:00 AM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Eshe - November 28, 2023, 08:14 AM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Akavir - November 28, 2023, 10:56 AM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Arlette - December 03, 2023, 08:17 AM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Eshe - December 04, 2023, 10:56 AM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Arlette - December 17, 2023, 02:44 PM
RE: August slipped away into a moment in time. - by Eshe - December 21, 2023, 01:21 PM