Ravensblood Forest Oh no! Where are they?
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
Close to Horizon Ridge! AW! ^^

Valette came back as soon as she noticed that there were too many bugs. She wanted to visit Mason but that didn't work out as her travels were interrupted by the invasion. Valette backtracked herself to where their pack should be located. Was it here? No it was a bit further? She howled once more for her pack. Her howls were getting more desperate as she tried to contact her pack.

Did... Did they leave without her? She turned around, not knowing anymore where their temporarily home was or where they would have been going. The girls stomach growled. Her hazel eyes looking worriedly around her. Her only family she had left. Saena and the pups. She promised to be there and now she wasn't. Only because she had a silly crush on a guy. Saena was never going to take her back in. Instantly she felt the dread of being alone. She had no clue where they went and had no way to track it with all these bugs swarming around. What was she going to do?!
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The newest member of Donnelaith had been correct when he spoke of the devastation encompassing the Wilds. Constantine had believed him – and yet witnessing the absence of life in the spring was something unworldly. Something to be feared.

Emaleth was home now, thankfully, and the wolf had skirted along the shores of the ocean in hopes of finding stray crabs. The birds had a similar idea, despite their easy pickings of the dead locusts that had been left behind.

A desperate howl echoed across the ocean, and for a moment, Constantine’s eyes darted upward to study the calm waters – he had heard stories of sirens within the darker waters of the sea, and for a moment, could only wonder if the myth had become a reality for Teekon Wilds – it would be no more unbelievable to the yearling than a swarm of locusts devouring the entirety of mother nature.

Yet the cry echoed from the forest along the base of the mountains, and pausing for only a second, Constantine began to lope toward the direction of the woods, uncertain if the devastated plea was worth investigating. “Hello?” His voice called tentatively in to the wooded area – he assumed the forest would have been darker, had the canopy of leaves not been stripped bare. He saw no sight of the ‘siren’ yet, and determined if he could not find the caller within a few moments, his search for anything edible would continue instead.
all you have is your fire
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette listened, but her ears only filled with the buzzing of the locusts. The girl felt isolated, having the idea that no one could hear her. When the young female heard a faint voice she did not hesitate. The social creature craved for some contact and her hopes were high that it might be some member of her pack. Even though she had not much contact with them, the young girl knew their faces and scents.

She rushed forward towards the noise, then she only had to follow a scent and call out trying to locate the other again. With hope in her hazel eyes she looked around. But when she saw the dark coated other her face fell a bit. This was not anyone she knew. The young female dropped her tail a bit and looked a bit hesitant. The other looked young and she was not sure if he had good or bad intentions. She decided for now that the male was somewhat good since he responded to her call. "Have... Have you seen my pack? They should have been here, we were traveling, but they... I can't find them."
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The locusts only served as background noise now – the swarms had been alarming, and now, stripped down to dead bugs and much of the luscious terrain gone, Constantine was keen only to fuel his hope that more substantial prey remained somewhere.. and it was somehow obtainable.

Of course, thus far that was not working in his favor.

The girl’s face fell completely flat when she saw him – dryly, he could only assume that this was the type of reaction he instilled from women, as he had received the very same expression from @Aria – though at least this girl addressed him.

She seemed hesitant, and at her question, the Mayfair gave a gentle shake of his head. “No, I’m afraid not,” he answered – succinct. Uncertain how one lost their pack fully, his wolfish brows lifted slightly in concern, his fiery eyes studying her. “Did they not tell you where they were going?”
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked at the young male, though he could not provide her with answers. The girl's ears fell back, unsure about what she needed to do now. Or how she was going to find them. "They said we would stay at the ridge for a while before continuing to find a new home. They could have gone anywhere since that new home was not established yet," she admitted to him and battered her eyes up at him, head hanging lower.

It made her realize that she was a lone wolf now. She had never been without a pack, even at the time when she was traveling with her mother they had been some sort of a pack. She was used to that type of life, her family was gone, family by blood and family by friendship. The girl let out a sigh. Maybe she could go to Mason's pack...
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
It seemed an upsetting thing – her pack had simply left her behind? No howl, or call? Yet it was also apparent she had been away during their journey, and he wondered how long she had separated herself from their side.. especially if their scents had faded. “And you can’t track them?” Surely a group of wolves would have left quite the trail, and yet as his fiery eyes studied the dark she-wolf, his muzzle gave a gentle shake. It almost sounded best if she moved on as well – who left one of their own behind?

“Were you close with them?”
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked at the male before her. "I tried tracking them, but I am not sure where their resting place was again. I went out to find ... food," she spoke, which was a bit of a lie because she traveled to see someone not find something. The female looked at the other. "So tracking them is rather difficult," she admitted and then glanced away to her paws. She felt super guilty.

She nodded. "I was, or am. I -- I grew up there," she spoke, which now made it sound like her parents left her behind. It was far more complicated than that.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He had no idea what sort of life the girl before him lead, but it certainly seemed lackluster in terms of a supporting pack. Constantine kept these judgements to himself – he didn’t have time to dwell on the psychology of the world, not when his youngest sister was missing and he was scouting her out.

“I’m sorry,” was all he offered in the end, his ears sliding gently back to his skull. “I can take you back to my pack if you want?” It was a strange offer for him – but he did not believe his father would turn her away.

“But first I need to find my little sister. She ran away in the confusion with the swarm. Have you seen a young black pup? She has a blue and a green eye.” Shifting his weight, the ebony wolf studied his companion, hopeful she might have at least sighted the youthful girl
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette shrugged lightly and shook her head afterwards. "Don't be. It was my own mistake, I should not have left them to explore the nearby area," she admitted and looked at him. She did not want him to pity her, she just wanted to know where her pack was, but the male did not know where they were. "Kindly offered but I want to find my family first before settling down somewhere else, that would be my last resort," she admitted to him.

The dark male then started about his own sister. Valette instantly shook her head once more. "I have not seen her. It seems we are both not really good at helping each other," she muttered and then gave him an apologetic smile. "Is she very young?," she asked.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
His offer was declined, and he left it at that – he was not one to coax at a woman he barely knew, and so when she announced her determination to find the family that had seemingly left her behind without thought, he made no move to argue. Who was he to judge those he had not met?

When she motioned with a shake of her head that she had not seen Emaleth, a soft sigh pressed ot the man’s lips, a frown storming upon his features like a dark cloud. Worry filled him, and he straightened himself, as if about to pull away with quiet gratitude before continuing his search, as their conversation had met a natural end.

But she questioned about the girl, and he was decided that the more others knew of her, the best it would be for them to locate her. “Not yet five months,” he offered then, knowing that had she been younger, it could have sealed her fate.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette pulled her face in a sad expression. "I have not seen her, but if I will I will personally bring her back, I promise!," Valette spoke to the other, she herself was lost and kind of wished that someone would guide her back to her pack. But that didn't seem to be the case, so she would have to deal with her fate.

"Well, I will leave you. I will go search for my own pack, and see if I might run into your little sister," she spoke in return and quirked up her lips in a hopeful smile.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
“Thank you.” His words were spoken with quiet thoughtfulness, and as she stranger excused herself, he allowed his muzzle to tip downward in acceptance of the closed conversation. She was anxious to find her pack, and he was eager to find his sister. Lingering after the basics had been discussed did neither party any favors.

Beginning to skirt around the dark form of the girl, Constantine cast one more glance to her, his fiery eyes studying her without indication to his thoughts. “Good luck on finding your family,” he offered, and with that, the Mayfair loped forward, his nose dipping to the ground as she would hope to catch any form of a trail to Emaleth.