Stone Circle Reboot.
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Private 
Winter was progressing; the food supply was getting shorter, as was that of the herb cache. The pups of the pack were all becoming mobile — Grayday's brood was just about as active as Keoni and Nikai — and Belle knew that if she didn't start pulling more weight within the borders, things could easily fall apart. Her wounds had healed, mentally and physically, so she travelled through the territory with a much more confident gait. Upon bending down to sniff at a bed of clover, a familiar scent nipped at her nose — @Valette was back.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette wondered how much had changed as she was gone. Perhaps there were new members she had to meet or some members were injured. She couldn't wait to see Grayday and his young. To see how much they had grown. Valette really wanted to tell Amber about the news too, after all she gave her the assignment. Valette was busy with familiarizing herself with the pack lands and the new scents she possibly could locate. She also found that she would have the check upon the big game and see where their locations were currently. She was the main hunter of the pack after all. What she didn't know was that Maribelle was on her trail.
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
After a few twists and turns with her nose to the ground, Belle was lucky enough to spot Valette and chuffed out a greeting. Valette, she called, You're back. It wasn't meant to be rude, and yet it wasn't meant to be taken lightly either. They were packmates, yes, but that was all. She slowly approached, but kept enough of a distance between them for neither to feel intruded upon. She then sat back on her haunches and curled her tail around her paws. Belle was intrigued by the other, if not only for information.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked up when she heard a voice. The female turned and saw Maribelle. She smiled at her in a friendly manner. "I am," she spoke. She looked over the other female and noticed that her wounds were doing better. Valette hadn't really spoken to her after the attack and realized that it might be a bit of an error. "I've seen you healed well. I'm sorry I didn't check up on you. It was not out of malice. Just very busy with getting Keoni better and then to bring a message to Amber's family," she explained. Hopefully there wouldn't be too many hard feelings.
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Belle wasn't upset with Valette for not coming to visit. If anything, she felt the time apart was good for the both of them. The altercation with Steady had left a tangible tension between the pair, and seeing Valette before she had might've turned out terribly in Belle's favor. She smiled at the other woman, curt and tight lipped, as she looked at her wounds. I'm finally back to work now. Belle's brow furrowed a bit as Valette brought up her recent going-ons, and Belle tried to think of the most discreet way to pry. What ever happened to Amber then? she asked, innocently enough.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Amber should be still in the pack as PPC I think :P

Valette was glad to hear that the other could get to work again. They needed her help a lot especially now in winter. As hunters they did have the upper hand but food needed to be regular in order to stay warm, especially the pups. "Well, I hope she is fine. I just had to travel to her pack to tell her family she had her young. She asked me if I could and well since I am a ranger I felt that I had to help her out," she explained and quirked up her lips.
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Ah, oop. Time to play it off.

Belle had wondered why the woman had been so reclusive recently, and she figured the birth of her young did serve a fair explanation. You're a scout too? A very accomplished young wolf, Belle sid in praise of Valette, though her tone was just slightly patronizing. They were around the same age, and she knew this. Even despite Valette's higher rank, she still felt that they were equals, if not then Valette a bit below Belle. Since you're back, she continued, maybe a hunt is in order; you, Day, and I.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette raise her brows a bit when the female commented on her being a scout. "Yes I am. I actually found this territory we live in now. Steady decided to make the move on my judgement," she returned. She didn't mean to brag but she was quite proud of it and she wasn't sure if she liked the female's tone. "Well I don't like to sit still, and help out my pack. So I often try to work on bettering my skills," she explained.

The female then suggested another hunt. Valette was more than eager to go for a hunt again. "I'd love to. That would mean I might get my deer stalker specialty!," she smiled. "Plus I missed big game meat. Perhaps this time we can topple one of those bison. Even though I still need to figure out how to break through their defensive wall."
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Belle gave a curt grin and agreed with Valette; A distraction, maybe? You and I, we could rouse them from the outside while someone else sneaks in. That was where they kept the vulnerable, right? Behind their wall of horns and huffs? Then again, Evelyn could've easily been thinking of another animal, like the elephants the Animal Planet documentary her player had just finished. Regardless, the answer seemed right, thus she held herself confidently against the brisk air.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette thought about it. "That could work, but the wolf going in would be in terrible danger. They can kick too," she explained. She experienced it herself. Luckily she could duck away from some strong hooves. "We would need a diversion on the outside, to make them run. Once they start running we have the stamina to keep up and pick a weak one." Valette thought out loud for a technique.

She was not sure what would startle such a big animal, maybe a big group of wolves? Valette wasn't sure they just had to try out a lot of new techniques. Valette smiled at the other. "We could always try a big diversion. One just has to panic before they start running. So maybe we need a lot of wolves targeting only one side so the other side doesn't know what is happening an panics?," she suggested.
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Belle listened carefully to Valette's words, even nodding along with her logic. If there was anything that the two could find common ground in, it was this. Right. We would need a much bigger party if we plan on going through with this. She thought for a moment, pondering their options. There's you and I, and Grayday of course. Can Steady hunt? Or, rather, do we have any other hunters? That would be vital in their planning; knowing who they could call on, need be.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had to agree with her and quirked up her lips. "We have Steady and Krypton who are really big. We could be the swifter ones. Gray day can also help with the take down. Chaska might be willing to help too." They would have quite a big group already that could help hunting. Still Valette needed to refine the bison hunting technique especially now it was becoming winter.

"I think I will ask around to see who is up for bison hunting, perhaps made it a whole activity. I know Keoni would love to see it." Little did Valette know that soon it wouldn't be possible to hunt with the incoming snows and storms they would have to endure.
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Evelyn quite enjoyed the thrill of having a plan, and further, a goal to reach. Of course. We need the bodies. She glanced around for a moment, and decided that she would depart in the midst of their silence. Keep me posted, she called over her shoulder as she sashayed away.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded and then smiled. "I will." However in the future this would never happen as other events make wolves do crazy things. Now Valette wouldn't know about this currently of course. So she expected to see the female later and talk about this, actually preforming such hunt instead of talking tactics.