Stone Circle Write down my poems for the few
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Mainly for @Steady or @Valette, but of course all members may find Gwen!

After thinking over the situation, and discussing it with a packmate, Gwen had come to the conclusion that she should meet the alphas of the nearby pack. She wanted to be on good terms with them, even if an alliance was not possible. Hopefully they would agree that an alliance was a good option, but if not then it was okay. Even if they could just be on good terms, the Empress would be contempt.

She approached the borders cautiously, searching the edge of their land. She hoped to find the alphas, but if another pack member approached then it was no biggie. But talking to a leader was what she really wanted. After slowly glancing around, the wolfess hung at the edge of the borders and let out a howl. If the pack agreed with her, then they might both feel more secure, though honestly this pack might feel secure enough anyway. Even so, alliances were useful.
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was not the one that protected the borders. She was the one that provided for the pack and had the intel about their prey animals. However when someone requested leadership she would naturally show her face to the caller. Today was another day when a caller called for her. The dark colored woman trotted towards it, as she came closer she raised her tail and muzzle to indicate she was leadership.

Would it be another joiner? Valette stepped towards the pale female she had in her vision now. Her scent became stronger with each step. It was not a loner type of smell. She smelled like other wolves, meaning that she was perhaps a pack wolf? Valette's curiosity was sparked. "Hello, I'm Valette, alpha female of this pack. You called?"
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady, too, heard the call, and turned himself around to head to the borders. He picked up Valette's scent along the way, and picked up his pace, not wanting her to be alone and greeting strangers. He had been quite protective of her as of late, not wanting to leave her for very long. It was instinctive, something in his gut, that told him not to veer to far from her.

So, it wasn't but a few moments after she greeted the stranger that Steady slid up beside her, his tail waving over his back to show his status, one ear perked towards the stranger and the other cocked towards his mate. His expression showed interest in what the other female was doing here, even as his body naturally stiffened just a little in anticipation of a fight that might never happen. Still, history had him expecting the worse while hoping for the best.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

427 Posts
Ooc —
Gwen did not have to wait for long for an alpha - no, two alphas to arrive. She was sure they were alphas based on the way they held their postures (dominant, by the looks of things). "Hullo," she greeted, her own position neutral but her head slightly lowered in respect. "I mean no harm, really." She added, before continuing. "My name is Gwen, and I came to inform you that I have claimed the Bypass just North of here." Though that would probably not be sufficient enough to answer their questions, so she went on to announce her reasons for being here.

"I do not wish to disrupt the land, nor become a problem for your own pack, assuming you are indeed the leaders? I wanted to have our packs be on friendly terms, perhaps able to consider an alliance that can benefit us both in the future if things go well." Hopefully they would agree with her preposition, but she also knew that some packs preferred to be alone in these things, or did not trust anyone else so easily, which would likely be the case here too. "I understand if you do not wish to do as such, but I thought I might ask now that we have settled in the Valley."
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled when her mate joined and gave him a lick over his cheek. She wanted to show the female their bond was strong and she couldn't intervene. Valette was just a bit hormonal with spring's arrival. She actually did think it was very polite of the female to come to them. She looked respectful too. "A few months a go a pack wanted to settle in the jade fern if I am correct. I assume they haven't joined seeing those territories are close together?," she asked. As she liked to be informed about other packs in the area.

At least Valette liked her better than that other leader. "Alliance will grow over time, in my eyes at least," she returned to the female and glanced at her mate. She was learning from him. She tried to be less in the background as she was equal to him as a leader. "However that doesn't mean we are unfriendly. In my eyes there shouldn't be conflict in my eyes as out packs are about a day's travel apart," she spoke, she mainly said this because she was a ranger, and she wanted to give Steady a visual to how far they settled away from them.

Valette looked at Steady. "I do like the idea having only two packs in this territory. We have the southern part and they can have the north of the valley. Maybe of other's try to settle we can chase them out, so both our packs have enough food and natural hunting grounds outside of the territories?," she suggested mostly to him, but also let the female listen in so Valette could see perhaps a bit of her reaction or opinion.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The stranger before them was respectful, for which Steady was glad. If things remained so, there would be no physical altercation. She introduced herself as Gwen, and Steady gave a nod of his head in greeting in response. His ears perked as she admitted her pack had claimed a territory north of them. Valette spoke up of the pack that had supposedly settled around the area, though Steady had not seen hyde nor hair of them since their leader had "graced" them with his presence. They had not parted on very positive terms, but maybe this would be different.

He nodded to Valette's first statement that an alliance could grow, for sure. And he agreed more that they were far enough apart that conflict would be forced instead of natural. While he did agree, he remained silent, his gaze switching from Valette to Gwen.

His gaze went to Valette as she suggested the very thing that had disrupted the potential alliance with the leader that had never come back. Before Gwen could respond, Steady found his voice. My mate is very ambitious, and we are very protective of our home, he agreed. Though we would welcome an ally if a fight were to ever come, I would understand if you didn't want it to come to that. Maybe a simple agreement not to fight with each other, at the least? he asked, his voice curious. He hoped he hadn't stepped on Valette's paws, but if he agreed that the alliance would grow, asking them to agreed to fight so early might hinder that.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

427 Posts
Ooc —
Soweeee for the short replyyyy
The alphas did not disagree and turn her away, which was good. She smiled, shaking her head. "No, I have not seen another group in that area. The only others I have caught scent of is a group of wolves that I believe are settling around the Cuesta. I'm not certain, though." Then she nodded again to the alphess' next statement. "That makes sense, yes; I am glad that there is opportunity for an alliance in the future." Gwen then turned her gaze to the man, the alpha male. She listened to his words, and agreed. "I believe a fighting ally may be possible at some point - I do not see a problem with it, really. And yes, an agreement not to fight with each other is certainly something that I'm looking for."
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette's inexperience as a leader showed, hence why she was glad that Steady was here to help her. She loved her mate and how they could help each other with all these tasks. Valette was pleased that the female agreed not to fight with one another. Perhaps it was a good thing that they had that agreement. Perhaps it could be like Marauders' Keep. Valette wondered how they were doing. She hadn't seen or heard from them in a long time. Perhaps they moved? They would have told her right?

Valette was curious about her mentioning a pack perhaps settling in the valley. Valette was protective of their herds and didn't really want to share. "Would you mind keeping an eye on this forming pack? I haven't been to the Cuesta yet.." Perhaps it was worth checking it out?
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Thankfully, the female before them didn't act so offended, as the last had. It showed her maturation, and Steady liked it. For him, fighting was a part of life, whether he tried to avoid it or not. At least now they had an agreement that the two packs would be peaceful towards each other, at the very least, and Steady considered that a strong start.

He hadn't heard of the pack he spoke of, but when he heard Valette express she hadn't been there before, he assumed she would want to go. In the past, Steady would have gladly allowed her to spread her wings, and quench her taste for adventure. But, now, with spring upon them, and his gut telling him that she might go into heat soon, he didn't want to chance strange males coming into contact with her. He was very possessive of her, and it would not let up anytime soon. 

If the other female agreed to keep an eye out, Steady would thank her. Could I offer you a bit of meat from our caches for your trip? He wouldn't usually offer, but it was an extension of friendship, and a way to hopefully solidify an impending alliance between the packs. He wanted to show that Easthollow could be giving in their possible friendship, and it wouldn't be one-sided.

427 Posts
Ooc —
Woops, sorry for the super late reply!

Gwen nodded to the female, Valette, "Of course. I may make a visit soon if they do become official. They are directly beside our borders so I am slightly worried." She was sure they'd be friendly enough, though. Perhaps not, but she would do what she could to keep the safety of her pack. The mountains enclosing the Bypass did help, however, so there was enough inbetween the two groups that Gwen would not have to be too cautious.

"That would be lovely, thank you," she smiled, giving a small wag of her tail. This seemed like a strong start to their pack's relationships, so for that she was extra grateful. She would not have to worry as much about their neighbors anymore.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded at her mate. "I will get some for you," she spoke and excused herself. She was the main hunter after all and she knew where all the caches were, and the ones that were full. She went to the closest one of course and grabbed a hare. It was caught this morning so not that old at all.

She returned with it to the borders and placed it by her feet. She then stepped back next to Steady, proudly so. She knew that together they could rule well. Valette liked that she could learn from Steady.