Stone Circle All we are is an isle of flightless birds
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Private 
Mentioning little else aside from this, because I'm unsure what the outcome of the Cyron rescue thread will be. For @Valette ?

He approached the den with tail hanging low and ears pressed against his head. The whereabouts of his other son, Burr, and his daughter, Rowana, were unknown. He hoped the alphess might have seen them, any sign at all, but there was that ever lingering fear that he'd failed as a father, that his two other children had gone off into the world on their own. That, or something even more awful had happened to them. The wolfdog could not stand the thought.

So he came to Valette's den with a deep frown on his face, eyes dull and expression exactly like that of a father who'd lost his children, because he worried that that was indeed what he was. He let out a bark of greeting, yet it lacked the enthusiasm he had held close to him when they first arrived here.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette came from her den as she heard someone come closer. She had not expected Mawk to be there but was glad to see him. The female instantly noticed his mood. It probably meant that there wasn't any good news. "Oh Mawk," she spoke softly and then frowned softly. "Anything about your children?," she asked.

It was her own nightmare hence why she gave them such freedom to find their children. She hoped that they would be able to find them. "I saw Burr recent. I taught him about raccoons," she spoke with a frown. Now he had been gone for a bit but not unusually so. Maybe Nikai could help them find the pups. He was a scout after all.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
His saddened, worn out gaze met that of Valette's and he tried to send her a smile of greeting but the expression he showed seemed to be more like a grimace. The thought of explaining his situation made his heart lurch, as it beat painfully against his chest - it felt as though it might simply pop out and lay pitifully on the ground. He could not say that he would have cared too much if that had happened, though he cursed himself silently for thinking this way. Yet even so, he could not help how his mind worked.

"Valette.... I don't know what to do..." He choked out, squinting his amber eyes as he fought the dispair. "They're gone.... all of them. I don't know where.... I don't even know where Cebra is, or Rowana, or any of them...." The tears were the next battle he fought off, not wishing his usually strong and calm demeanor to be broken, yet it seemed though he was too late in preventing it. There was a flicker of hope when the alphess mentioned Burr, but it was dampened out when he remembered attempting but failing to track his scent. "Even Burr.... I don't know where they are. Did I..." He met her gaze for a moment, pain flashing in his eyes. "Did I fail?"

"...As a father? As a... as a mate? Did I.... fail....?" He felt those forbidden tears roll down his cheeks and he looked away, head turning as he faced the ground. It was, perhaps unusually, his biggest fear. He could not bare the thought of himself failing - not even because it hurt his pride or anything of the such... he simply did not want to disappoint his family, nor lose them. He was heartbroken.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Aww no!! Mawk! So sad!

Valette felt so incredibly bad when Mawk felt so bad. She was shocked to hear that Mawk didn't know where Cebra was and two of his children. On top of that Burr had also been gone. Valette gave him a comforting lick on his cheek. "I'm so sorry, Mawk," she spoke. She pitied him, even more, when Mawk started to cry thinking he had been a bad father.

"No, no. Of course not. It was so unfortunate that Cyron was taken. You must believe that Cebra is out there trying to find him. Rowena, I don't know. But Burr, he was here until recently. He has to be close," she spoke to him. Valette sat down next to him to give the male support. She could only have respect for a male like Mawk that showed his emotions.

"Your family was really close Mawk. I am certain they will return to Easthollow," she spoke. "Perhaps we could ask other packs to keep an eye out. I know Grayday's pack is in another region. They might be able to keep some ears out for your family."
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Gosh, I upset myself just writing it lol

Valette's attempts at comforting did not ease the hollow in his chest, but the man appreciated them regardless. She was a kind wolfess indeed. He scrunched his eyes, hoping that maybe the pain would just... leave. It didn't, and he supposed he should not be surprised, but it was still disappointing. "Don't.... don't apologise, it isn't your fault...." He sniffled, frowning at his own attitude. He took a deep, shaky breath. 

"I won't.. give up on them. I can't. I just... I don't know where they are, where they've gone, w-where they might even be. Where do I even start?" He took a hurt glance up at the sky, the clouds covering the blue and leaving a grey cover over the light. Then his gaze swept over the horizon. "I hope... I hope they're o-out there, and I hope they're okay... " I hope they didn't leave because I did something wrong?

His ears perked up slightly at her suggestion, and he gave a slight nod, a small sparkle of hope in his eyes. "That... sounds like a good idea..."
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched with a pained expression at Mawk. She couldn't even imagine what she would do with her children lost. "Mawk, I know it is hard. But I think you would be more helpful if you would eat and rest," she spoke carefully. "I know that is the last thing you want to do but if you don't rest or eat you won't be in good strengths to go search for them."

Valette hoped he would listen. "I am a ranger, which you might not know, but I can help looking for them if you like. We can go together," she spoke. However, she didn't have a beta to rule the pack for her. She would really need to think of someone. "We just start in the area. My brother lives next door to set up a new pack, we can start there."
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
We can fade here, if you like? Or continue, it's up to you :)

The wolfdog lifted his amber gaze, heart torn yet beating still. They may be gone - though perhaps not - but he wasn't, he was still here. Still breathing, still living. And he'd do whatever it took, anything in his powers, to find his family again. If he were to fail in his task, if he were never to find them - or, even if he found them forever gone to a better place (how this had happened in the space they'd been together he never would quite understand) he would continue with life. For surely they would not have wanted him to give up on his goals, give up on his home even with their absence from his life.

"I know... and I cannot give up my duties. I will stay strong, Valette. I will try." Pained was he, yet hope still shone in his eyes - the flicker of hope the alphess' words had sparked within him. Yes, yes he would try. And perhaps he might find them and discover what had happened. "I... I would like that very much. You're too kind," The corners of his mouth perked up in what he hoped was a small smile, faint though it was. But a smile of sorts nonetheless, for he was truly grateful for Valette's words.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette gave him a soft smile. "I would understand if you don't want to do any duties for a bit. Don't overwork yourself," she spoke. The alpha saw him as part of the family now. He had proved himself when he came here with his family and without complaining started to pick up tasks around the pack. If he needed a break, she would be okay with that.

"I'm not too kind, Mawk. You are part of the pack, part of the family. You deserve it," she spoke and nudged his shoulder in a friendly matter. "I know you would have done the same for any other pack mate here. So we will make sure to find out where they went." Valette gave him another nod to encourage him. "Okay, why don't you rest and have something to eat. I only want you back to your tasks if you feel up for it. Promise?," she asked.

You can wrap it up and archive!! :D