Stone Circle Hold tight on to me
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
All Welcome 
AW! <3

The man's wounds had mostly scabbed over and were on the mend, but three scars upon his haunches appeared deep enough that they might not go away. Not that he cared, but to know who had dealt these injuries caused bile to rise in his throat and a bitter flame to spark in his chest. Lonzo had gotten away this time, but not without suffering wounds of his own - Mawk would find him one day, and he would kill him for what he had done. Actions like that could not be let go without consequences, and the snake was about to recieve a sharp slap in the face. Mawk was incredibly protective over his family and he would willingly die to ensure their protection. If that meant bringing death to Lonzo, then that is what he would set out upon doing. But not yet.

He'd wait until nightfall. The moment he had come upon Lonzo's scent intertwined with Cebra's at the borders, his goal had been set in stone. He'd go when the sun fell below the horizon and the moon took its place in the sky. Then with the darkness masking his movements, he would attempt to track the scents to their source, and hopefully find Cebra safe and sound. Though he knew what Lonzo was like and to think he had lay a single paw upon his mate caused furious flares of rage to glitter and burn in his gaze of amber - that man was practically asking for death.

For now, while he prepared himself, the cream-furred man lay near the stone circle. Mawk's eyes were closed, and his thoughts drifted to his lost son - Burr, with his serious demeanor yet caring attitude, his carefully chosen words but the desire to discover that reminded the father so strongly of himself at the boy's age. He missed the ashen youth dearly, and although he could not bring him back, the Delta was reassured with the fact that his son was free of pain now. As many said, he was 'in a better place', where no harm could be dealt to him and he could simply dance with the stars. A soft sigh fell from his lips, tail swishing gently on the snow that had not yet entirely melted. So much was on his mind, so much to think about or act upon, and yet his loyalty did not falter.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was often found at Stone Circle. Often the female was found there to watch the herd out on the plains. She found it highly interesting how the structures of these herds worked. It seemed one male kept a group of females, especially with the deer. She realized that if they took down a stag that some of the herds would fall apart and new ones were formed.

They recently killed an injured stag so Valette wanted to check how the herd was doing. Seeing if things had changed. Plus she wanted to keep an eye on the births. Spring was here and she was eager to see any sickly fawns. They would make easy meals for her pack, especially, her children. It would be a good practice for them to take one down all by themselves. Though when the female arrived at Stone Circle she saw Mawk lying there. The female let out a chuff in greeting. "Hey Mawk!" She hadn't seen the male in a while. He didn't look too good though, having some scabs here and there.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Sorry, short crappy post!

The man was deep in thought when the scent of the alphess reached his nostrils, and he peered up to meet her gaze. A small smile caused the upward curve of his lips, nodding his head in silent greeting before his muzzle opened to speak - "Valette. How are you?"

They had not spoken properly in a long time, so perhaps they could converse now, or engage in some hunting or another similar activity.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette noticed that Mawk was coming from a deep thought. She wondered what was on his mind. Valette studied him briefly. "Good. I was just about to watch the herds from here," she explained. "Do you want to watch with me?," she inquired. Maybe the male wanted to rest. She could still chat a bit while watching though. She wasn't too worried if he declined.

"How have you been? You look a bit beaten up. Cebra told me about this Lonzo guy and the drama around it," she admitted. "I hope Cebra is doing okay. She said that Lonzo was out for her." Valette hadn't heard her call out though, so she figured Cebra was fine.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The man gave a slight nod, deciding that to distract him from such destructive thoughts he could observe the herd for a while. Hopefully it would aid in soothing his tension. "Of course." The acceptance fell from his muzzle with a small smile still present - he was inbelievably appreciative of the hospitality from Valette. Even with all the trouble the family seemed to bring, the alphess still granted them permission to remain within the confines of Easthollow. True, he did his best to work as hard as one possibly could, but even then it was still Valette who had allowed them to stay.

"I am... okay. A little exhausted, but I would not give up my duties." That was a fact in which he would not allow to slide. He was a worker, a man who never ceased to work and likely would not until the day of his death. "There was a fight, recently," Mawk gestured to the scars upon his pelt, gaze soon returning to the horizon. "I fought Lonzo, Dakarai fought his son." But that matter was not his to spread gossip about. "Lonzo escaped, but heavily wounded. We rescued my sister, she is well and back in Bearclaw Valley. About Cebra... I found her scent mixed with that snake's near the borders, and I think I will head out just to see if I can figure out where the scent is headed. From what I know, it leads somewhere nearby." With the alphess informed, the man gave her an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry about all the trouble - I'm incredibly appreciative that you have not cast us away for the countless things that have come along with us. Lonzo included."[/font]
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette kept her eyes on the small herds below that were grazing on the plains. Now spring was coming they would come more out in the open to graze on the new freshly grown grass. She watched as a doe came too close to another and the males started to spar over the lady. Valette's ear was turned to Mawk though. She was listening. "I know you wouldn't, Mawk. I know you are a very hard worker," she spoke with a nod.

Mawk started to tell about his sister and Lonzo. "I'm glad your sister is alright," Valette spoke. She did turn her head when he spoke about Cebra's scent being at the border same for Lonzo. "Were they fresh? She told me he came to visit her on these borders and that he had it out for her. But, if they were fresh it could mean Lonzo has her?," Valette let out worriedly. "I haven't seen Cebra in a few days."

Valette shook her head. "We don't choose what happens in our lives. I am just mostly worried about you and Cebra. If you two are alright, you've been through so much already," she spoke. "Hopefully this will all settle after awhile."
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Her words rang true - Mawk was a hard worker. It was nothing to brag about, necessarily, though of course it did claim various perks. In his case, it was a matter of working endlessly as though it was his task for life, it was the only goal which had been engraved within his spirit and the mission that he would continue to accomplish until the very day the man's last breath passed from his body. Whether or not this was a positive thing was highly up for debate.

"Yes... they were fresh. I plan to try and track them when the sun goes down. I don't believe they go far." Lonzo was a manipulator, a tricker, he would likely remain nearby as if to taunt the Saefyn until his eventual insanity. But unfortunately for that snake, Mawk was good at keeping himself calm even when the worst of events had befallen them. He was a patient man who would, if driven to it, wait until the perfect moment to strike rather than approach in an enraged rush that would end his life. "I am certain Lonzo has her. He is more predictable than his arrogance will allow him to believe."

"Thank you - I truly am thankful. You are a kind soul."
A slight smile graced his lips, a nod signalling his gratitude. "I'm hoping things settle down soon - as much as I hate to admit, this endless circle of tragedy is exhausting."
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette ear twitched when Mawk spoke about the scent being fresh and willing to track it down. Valette kept her eye from the deer down below for a brief moment to look at Mawk worriedly. "Don't go alone. Is there someone you can take with you?? Birk maybe?," she asked. Though she didn't know if Mawk had a good relationship with Birk. Still, they were packmates.

Valette disliked hearing that Cebra was taken. They should protect their own, they were family. "You are family now, Mawk. We wouldn't want you two to be in trouble," she spoke. "Or hunting." Though if she was honest with herself it did help that Mawk and Cebra were heard workers otherwise she might not have been so kind.
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
He sensed the concern within the alphess' voice, and he nodded in acknowledgement - "Yes, I will see if anyone is willing to come along. An extra set of jaws would be good, especially if we do end up finding Lonzo." Oh, if they did, he was going to tear the snake limb from limb, spare him no mercy. Ordinarily an action so violent and ruthless would not be the intended choice from Mawk, but in this case it was necessary to ensure the safety of his family. Surely Valette understood.

She mentioned them as family, and a slight smile graced his lips. Indeed, he saw Easthollow as a family, and he was undeniably honoured to be a part of it.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded in agreement. She liked that Mawk would bring someone along with him. She wouldn't want him to face this dangerous wolf alone. Her eyes kept following a fight between two stags. They were so into their battle that they didn't notice Valette watching. "Exactly my point," she agreed to Mawk's words, wanting to let him know that she had been listening. "Will you update me once you return?," she asked. It was the least she could do.

Fade after your post? :D
Deceased
323 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Sure :) Thanks for the thread!

"Of course," the tall man agreed to her inquiry with a nod of his head. He'd planned to keep the alphess informed regardless. Mawk's amber gaze trailed back to where the herd grazed, and his tail flicked nonchalantly behind his rear while his mind drifted ever so slightly from the present. After a moment of silence, he finally looked to Valette once more. "Thank you for the conversation, I haven't been able to speak with you for a while. Even if this wasn't the lightest of subjects." 

"I think I should go and start patrolling before night falls, but I'd love to be able to talk to more wolves in Easthollow - once all this trouble has settled, that'll be one of my priorities I think. Though the safety of those wolves comes first."
He smiled a little, nodding in respect before standing up and preparing to head off. If she called him back, he'd stay - if not, he'd take his leave.