Fox's Glade ginnung
71 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

Timelines?  What are those?
PP and assumptions were ok'd by their respective players.

Saying goodbye to mama had been the hardest thing she had ever resolved to do in her short life. She had seen mama get hurt before at the hands of others — Yakone's own father, namely — but she had never been the one to cause her mama grief. The farewell was tearful and had the Apaata's mother not encouraged Yakone's departure she likely would have felt bad enough to stay.

Survival was not a concern. Mama and Komodo had both taught her how to hunt. Traveling together for so long led to its necessity. At nearly five months old she had filled out, and although she did not know it she was destined to grow larger than both of her siblings. At adulthood, she might even rival her father's impressive size. So long as she made it to the pack that Aunt Nanook had told her about, Yakone would be just fine.

It was easier to travel at dawn and dusk when the prey was the most active with many supplemental naps through the day and nighttime, but in this forest she could not sleep. The raucous banter of the foxes that made the glade their home kept her awake, and although she did not want to she saw no other option than to move on. Moonlight filtered in overhead as she slipped inbetween the trees, hoping to make it to the Stone Circle by daybreak.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette loved watching the sunrise from the standing stones. The female was often found in the meaningful place. With Stark being ill, she sought more comfort with Steady's stone. She was not sure what was amiss with her mate but she was worried. She hoped her children would not blame him for not being around so much. Her newest brood had a lot of family members but still, a father figure seemed to be lacking in both her litters.

She wondered what would become of her if she would lose another mate. The mother sighed. A grim thought she didn't want to think about. But after more than a moon, Valette's hope was dwindling. The incoming orange glow calmed her. She watched as the orange light spread over the plains below, where the bison herd was grazing. In these moments she could forget and marvel at the beauty of their territory.
71 Posts
Ooc —

She was not used to traveling by night, but found that she might prefer it over the travel-staunching heat of the afternoon. She would have preferred if she could have been well-rested... but the foxes did prevent that from happening. If anyone traveled through the glade, she was unsure how they would ever get to sleep, and if anyone lived nearby she hoped the noise didn't carry.

Weary from days of traveling and a night without slumber, Yakone came across the borders as the drowsy orange light blanketed the morning sky. She halted and quivered before she turned her voice to the air, calling for the woman that aunt Nanook had told her of — Valette.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette perked up her ears when she heard a howl. It was for her. Curious. She didn't recognize the voice. The female pushed herself up on all fours and trotted towards the sound of the howl. The female saw a white female standing at the borders. Valette tried to think if she knew this girl but she couldn't really recall her at all.

Valette stopped a few meters away from the young female. 'Hello, you called for me?," she asked. Valette's response to the call had been fairly quick since she was already awake. Now she wondered what this female wanted of her and why she probably traveled all through the night to get here. This was an assumption as she didn't know the female so she must have come from far?
71 Posts
Ooc —

Despite her Northern heritage, she was still a pup. The woman that approached her was of average size but still towered over her, and Yakone's ears flattened as she offered a shy smile. Hi, miss. she said slowly, remembering her manners. You're Valette, right? She tilted her head a fraction as her tail waved slowly behind her. I'm your niece, Yakone.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette noticed the shyness of the female. The alpha female kept her ears perked up in curiosity. Valette instantly nodded when the female knew her name already. She was even more curious now. "Oh, my niece?," she sounded surprised. Valette gave a good look over the young female. She looked of Northern Heritage, was she Xan's? Had to be? She hadn't expected Sesi to have pups of her own and from Nanook, she would know. "Nice to meet you, Yakone," she smiled and wagged her tail gently behind her. " However, I have not heard from you. Who are your parents?," she asked curiously to the young female.
71 Posts
Ooc —

Um, she begins, mentally chastising herself for the verbal misstep.  Xan is my dad, she says as her ears flatten.  It hurt her to know she had never been mentioned to Valette where her siblings likely had been.  Maybe she really didn't matter at all.  The realization hit her and her brows knit together, every ounce of confidence she'd had drained.  She began again, quieter this time.  My mama doesn't have a name.  She told me I could come and meet the rest of my family for a while.

I saw my dad and my sister in the valley, but dad said some really mean things to mom and then my sister growled at me, so we left.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette frowned slightly. Another of Xan's children? But she had met all of them just recently, right? So there were more? She noticed that the female was growing less confident, so she lifted the frown off her face. Valette had not approved of the multiple mothers in the first place when Indra and Laurel came to her borders, however, she had respect for the females that she could live like that in the first place. She just respected her brother less for using so many females. She thought he would be better than that, but then again, he was raised by Kove. That said enough to Valette.

"Oh that is terrible to hear," she spoke. "I can imagine you left. It seemed the past has repeated itself," she added. Valette looked more kind instead of confused. Now it made sense she didn't know about this female. The alpha female wasn't sure if the younger female wanted to know about the past, but if she wanted to, Valette would answer her questions. Valette took a step closer to the female. "Of course, you are welcome to meet your family. You can stay with us for a while if you have no place to stay," Valette offered. "Unfortunately your other aunt Nanook is exploring the rest of Teekon but you can get to know me and my children," she spoke with a smile.
71 Posts
Ooc —

She didn't know what Valette had meant by past repeating itself.  She didn't know the story of Kove and Scarlett.  Mama had either not heard the story or not relayed it to her daughter but if it was as unpleasant as she suspected, she wouldn't be surprised if Mama kept it from her for her daughter's sake.  Mama took me, but my sister and brother still live in Bearclaw Valley.  She knew Mama wept for her children, but even though she knew that logically Reigi couldn't carry three newborns, she didn't understand why she hadn't waited.  Then they all could have left together and been a happy family.

Aunt Nanook told me about Easthollow.  My home is Undersea, up north.  But... she trailed off, ears flattening again. I wanted to see my family.  I'd like to stay.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head shortly to let the other know she understood. She had met Yakone's siblings. Though there were many others so she was not entirely sure which of those pups were Yakone's sister and brother. It didn't matter. She was family. Valette went through this as well. What she didn't expect was that the girl had met Nanook! "Nanook? Did you meet her? How is she?," Valette was instantly interested. She had not heard from her sister in a while.

"You are welcome to stay with us, Yakone," she welcomed her into the family, the Easthollow family. "I grew up with split parents as well, but if you stay in Easthollow you can easily visit Bearclaw if you wish," Valette explained. Perhaps she didn't want to. She didn't want to see her father, she still didn't. "But that might be something for later. Let me show you our territory. Plus you should meet your cousins!"
71 Posts
Ooc —

Valette seemed to perk up when Yakone said she'd seen Nanook. Her tail began to wave gently between her hocks. She's doing good.. she was with someone, big and white like me. But she couldn't remember much else if she'd been told; there was no name or pack that came to mind. Thank you, she says, eager to see the territory. Really, all she'd wanted was to meet her biological family and get to know them, but the offer to stay was something she couldn't pass up. Let's go!

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
I can wrap it up here, let me know, and maybe make a new one right away where Valette shows her around? :D

Valette tilted her head a bit. Interesting to know that Nanook was with a male, at least, that was what Valette assumed with the description. Valette smiled. "I'm glad to hear that she is alright," Valette spoke. "Yes, let's go," she grinned, excited to show a new family member around. It would be good for her youngest pups to have not only her older siblings but also socialize with a wolf that was just a bit older than them.

- possible fade end-