Dragoncrest Cliffs i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
I was waiting for Mallaidh to post since I didn't want to PP her and she is the one holding Raleska, but squeezing this in since I saw it's going to be closed out. Please let me know if I should edit anything.

She had been dragged, all dignity left behind, right into the fray. Her sides hurt, her neck stung, and her eyes were misted with unshed tears as her captors plowed her through fen and thicket, uncaring of their cargo's well-being.

Like a prized bull she was thrown down, her body limp as dust rose around her. Eurycrates. She thought of the violent arc of red to flutter into the air when his throat had been ripped from him, the way he had slumped to the ground, eyes wide as if beholding some ancient wonder.

The girl shut her eyes tight, feeling Mallaidh's paw to her throat.

When she opened them, her red captor had left her side, and Raleska drew back in horror, for a full-fledged fight, blood and all, was unwinding before her. She choked back a cry as she saw her family and the Rusalkans fighting tooth and claw through the gathered wolves, eyes and teeth flashing as they went.

She knew she would have to run soon, and as her mother and two brothers swung towards her with a snarling entourage in tow, Raleska did what came naturally: she fought for her own damn life.

She swung her jaws towards the wolf that held her down, her teeth going for limb - and with a desperate heave borne of survival's natural distress, wrenched free of Mallaidh's imposing grip. She managed to gather her ground just as the stampede of snarling wolves swung towards her - and with another cry Raleska was swept up by her mother and brothers, and carried beyond the reach of Drageda.

Rusalka suffered many wounds that night, but none worse than Eurycrates. As Raleska hobbled between Svalinn and Illidan, she kept her eyes to the ground, her sobs stifled and permitted to never once leave her body.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i thought i was different but it seems i’m just the same - by Raleska - February 04, 2019, 05:21 PM