Lone Star Mountain We rise and we fall
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 

She had been filling most of her time with exploring. It was something she hadn't been able to do as much while leading the glacier wolves, so she had taken full advantage of it now. It was honestly the only thing that kept her from returning to the glacier to spend her days digging through the snow, looking for what she was afraid was hidden under there. Soon, she planned to make a trip to the coastal packs to see if any of her family had ended up there. Taki still held on to the hope that everyone had made it out safely and that she would find them all safely living their lives in whatever pack would give them shelter--she tried not think about the horrible alternative. 

This wasn't the first time she had explored this part of the mountains. The northerner liked it here; it was a challenge to maneuver through the slick, rocky terrain, and it kept her mind busy as she tried to learn it the way she knew every inch of the glacier. Eventually, she found herself high atop a snowy peak, drawn there by the scent of prey--not to hunt but just to watch. She sat back on her snowy haunches, fiery gaze drifting down to the massive, horned beasts below as they went about their business.
Inuttuk
Common

all creation myths need a devil
445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
though not completely recovered from the shock of finding takiyok, of all wolves, among his gathered peers, stigmata thought it best to give the displaced valkyrie some much needed space to acclimate. he didn't imagine that she would stay long, however, so the wraith did not wait long to track down the ranging northerner.

he followed her trail with deliberate tentativeness, and walked carefully through the groves in the snow she had made with her own progress. this made it easiest to follow, but even without the arrows on the ground directing him higher, he was fully familiar with her scent, and followed the smell of her just as much as he used the visible path.

she stood up ahead; the white victress, now without her crown, illuminated by a thunderdark sky which would promise snow in the night. he came up silently beside her, and watched the herds below with her, letting the silence settle between them before speaking. "@Mahler said it was a storm," he murmured quietly. he knew she would not want his sentiments, but he wanted to at least acknowledge the tragedy, and let her know she didn't have to explain her presence. he spoke of it no more. "he also said that he welcomed you unto our stead without bonds," the wolf mused a little more gravely, but then he sighed. "and with that i must agree. you are our ally, takiyok. and you have a place with us in these mountains, for however long you wish."
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She felt his presence just as much as she scented it, and she offered a brief, sideways glance in his direction as he came up beside her. A few minutes passed in silence, though it wasn't uncomfortable, at least not for her. The mention of the storm and her pack's demise made her tense. Of course, Taki knew he would bring it up, but the last thing she wanted to do was talk about it. The final moments of her kingdom and the members of her family missing because of it consumed the majority of her thoughts and dreams, so talking about it was almost too painful to bear. Plus, it was just not how she dealt with things; she'd rather process her grief on her own.

She visibly relaxed when he changed the subject, relieved that he didn't push her to reopen her wounds by speaking of that day. Either he knew her better than she thought he did, or he simply dealt with things similarly; either way, she was grateful, and a little too drained to think too much on the former right now. 

She was surprised to hear that he wouldn't demand her loyalty for sharing his claim, but she was pretty sure she would offer the same if their roles were reversed. It's not like she was some stranger, after all. Still, she couldn't help the whisper of suspicion that followed his words. It was too soon to pay the thought any real attention, so she just tucked it away, promising herself that she would at least be a little cautious for now. She had no intentions of becoming a burden to Stigmata and his followers, though; she would contribute wherever she could. Taki finally turned her head to to look at him, gratitude in her expression. Bonds are not completely out of the question, she started with a small shrug. I just need some time I think, the northerner added. Time to make sure she didn't completely hate the wolves she didn't know yet, but mostly time see that her loyalty, if given, wouldn't be used against her.
Inuttuk
Common

445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
even without her throne, and weighed upon by the potential loss of nearly her entire pack, stigmata thought that there was something viciously stunning about takiyok that grief could not consume. a small part of him wanted to physically comfort her, but these days most of him felt directed towards returning to his days serving as sandraudiga's general - and therapy wasn't his strong suit.

he tilted his head slightly as she spoke, and flashed her a skeptical rise of one brow. "have you forgotten that we are already bonded?" he huffed a little, and turned his muzzle out towards the herd, eyeing them speculatively. he didn't feel like he needed to remind her what she had promised him, so he moved on. "i will gather enough wolves to me to provide for you here. i do not expect you to stay, but i will prepare for it regardless." using the corner of his eye, he tried to catch a glimpse of her expression. "this can still be your season, if you wish. i will give it to you."
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Of course she hadn't forgotten about their agreement and the bond they had because of it; it had been one more thing lost to the storm, and she wouldn't assume that she could show up here with her uncertain future and still expect a litter in the spring. She sighed a little. I haven't forgotten, she answered, raising her own eyebrow in return. But, I can't exactly have children if I stay lone. Her own gaze drifted back over the herd as she thought about what that meant. If she was being honest, it really was reason enough to stick around and pledge herself to him and his vision, but she didn't want to lose herself in all of this either. Her eyes flicked back to Stigmata when he spoke again, eyebrows coming together slightly as she thought about what to say. I very much want that, she finally said. The fact that he was still willing to offer her what she wanted most without demanding her loyalty first swayed her more than anything to stay here and help him build his pack. 

I do want to stay, she said quietly, uncomfortable sharing the feeling. Even if you weren't willing to uphold your end of our agreement. It would piss her off, sure, but puppies aside, she did actually enjoy Stigmata's company. She felt like they were like-minded, and she never felt like her bold, curt nature bothered him. Most importantly, she felt like she could trust him, even though it scared her a little to admit that to herself since it gave him the power to hurt her. Plus, it would be nice to have something to keep her busy that didn't come with a side of harrowing grief. I can't promise I'll play nice with anyone else, though, she added with a smirk, attempting to lighten the mood a little.
Inuttuk
Common

445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
the ironwraith found himself charmed by his first sight of a vulnerable - dare he think, sentimental - side of takiyok. a side of the snow queen that ventured to want her own things and reveal them in candor to a wolf not her kin. he was not surprised that she wanted the things he offered, but he was taken aback by her shy admission of it. he watched her carefully and tried not to appear too trusting of her words; though in truth he knew her to be of the most upstanding sort, and it was almost the entire reason he didn't need any promises from her.

for whether she stayed or not, takiyok would be a superior ally to them - by herself or with others - and he could bank on her if he needed to. stigmata snorted at the suggestion he would turn back on his word, and could not fathom a reason why he would. "one day you will stop doubting me," he sassed her, frowning. "and then maybe you will find me good for something."

takiyok seemed suddenly to be in higher spirits, and stigmata began to wag his tail to reflect the rising mood. "i would expect nothing less of you, of course," he praised, rather eager to see her jostle for her position in non-familial ranks. "in fact, i look forward to it." he looked down at the herd whilst rising to his paws and giving his long frame a shuddering stretch. relaxed, and tail swishing low at his hocks, he turned to takiyok again. "so are you with me, then? will we make these mountains ours?" he asked, a little expectant; a little hopeful.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She gave him a playful glare when he suggested she would eventually stop doubting him. We'll see, she replied, mostly teasing. She really didn't doubt his word--distrust was just so ingrained in the northerner that sometimes she didn't always realize how deeply it affected her judgement. And you're good for a least a few things, I'm sure, she added with playful raise of a brow. 

She wouldn't say she necessarily looked forward to meeting whoever else he had gathered, but she was glad he seemed more than okay with her unleashing her normal brashness that came with meeting strangers. He may trust them, but she would need to decide for herself if they had her trust. 

To his last question, she gave a stiff nod. The mountains are already ours, Taki started, resolve filling her expression. But I will help you make sure no one questions it. In fact, that was kind of her specialty.
Inuttuk
Common

445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
though he had shown his mirth once or twice before in takiyok's presence, it had been years since he had been driven to laugh. he did so now with a kingly guffaw, and though it was short - but a single bark - the sound brimmed with genuine pleasure, and his eyes had lost their dreary edge. "a she-wolf after my own heart," he announced, dancing on his forepaws and eager to have them moving. "come, let us kill something to celebrate!" the warhound pranced, giving the victress an ungentle nudge, before fleeing as quickly as the slopes would allow towards the unsuspecting sheep below.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
A wide smile spread across her snowy face at his laugh. She was glad to have amused him so much, and it was the first time she had really felt like smiling since the storm. Taki felt his excitement at her pledge; it moved through her veins and further lifted her spirits, urging her up from her sitting position. Hunting hadn't been on her mind initially, but it seemed like a perfect way to seal the deal--the two of them working as one to take down one of the formidable beasts below. His nudge sent her back a step, and she shook her coat out excitedly, white plume wagging behind her. Then, she quickly lurched forward, sprinting down the mountain after Stigmata, feeling lighter than she had in days.
Inuttuk
Common

445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
carving through the snow like hot knives, stigmata and takiyok made a thunderous descent upon their victims, sending the flock into an early scatter that gave them all a head-start but stole their good sense from some of them as they fled along taxing paths.

stigmata strategically followed a group of three who had chosen foolishly to run uphill; a show of endurance that would not be able to outperform the predators that haunted them. the wolves needn't even follow very fast, for each cliff they crested sent the beasts scurrying anew - until they had whittled their choices down to one and exhausted him to the point where he tried to turn and defend himself laboriously against the dreaded onslaught of fangs and flashing eyes.

1 more from you to fade? then this can be a finished founding thread <3
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Sounds good!

She kept pace easily with her partner as they drove the herd from the stretch of mountain they had encompassed while the pair had studied them from atop their cliff. Eventually, they separated three from the group, chasing them uphill. She and Stigmata continued their pursuit, neither wolf discouraged by the ascending path they had to follow. 

They wore down the group until only one remained, chasing it until it could run no more. Their quarry turned to face them, warning them away with its horns--trying to anyway, but the duo would not be deterred; they proceeded forward, taking the ungulate down with perfect cohesion, the seemingly choreographed hunt not only providing sustenance but also serving to deepen their bond.
Inuttuk
Common