Firefly Ravine someone was changing, someone was changing from the inside out
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Blixen straightened out under Raleska's stare, unfurling in the way a spider might unfurl from its web - slim and lethal. Raleska was undaunted, but she did acknowledge the woman with a cautious coldness. Blixen's words stung, but Raleska was not stupid - she knew these words to be barbed and meant to draw her ire.

Her brow furrowed at the memory of being hauled off, but she stood her ground. "I was outnumbered. Not much sport in that." She pointed out, her tone matter-of-fact, betraying she was perhaps still confident in her ability to defend herself if Blixen proved aggressive. She thought of Aure, and how badly she had wanted to kill her too - anything at all so the Drageda curs could feel the loss she had felt.

Little did she know that Drageda felt all too keenly grief's cruel blade - done at the selfish hands of their commander, no less.

Full grown and no longer willing to be under her mother's shadow, Drageda's shadow, or anyone else's, Raleska found herself looking Blixen in the eyes, unafraid and unmoved by the woman's display of teeth. "I let you live just now, too." It was partially true - she had every intention of ambushing Blixen up until that pathetic cough, and now, with the malevolence bereft of her save for that bitter memory of Eurycrates bleeding out on the cliffs, the girl was untethered from her ambitions to play Rusalka's assassin.

It did not mean, in any way, that she no longer held a vendetta against these wolves. She did -- but for all of her talk of wanting to kill, Raleska found it hard to deliver - perhaps because she was simply inexperienced, and perhaps also because a bit of her was still so taken aback by looking another living thing in their eyes and knowing she was responsible for closing them forever.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread