Lost Creek Hollow ravensong
ibis has permission to pp oke & enter any of oke's threads
156 Posts
Ooc — remus
All Welcome 

it's hard to leave his home behind--for a long time elysium has kept him safe, nourished him, loved him. still, he feels no regret as he crosses the teekons towards lost hollow creeks, following his own memory and the faint traces of his sister's trail. this isn't his first visit to the hollow, but it has been a while, and the closer he gets the more the excitement of seeing his dad and sister again outweigh any longing for the sanctuary he's left behind.

besides--it probably won't be forever. 

he meets the border with a cheerful bounce in his step, not hestiating before throwing his head back and calling out hi hello i'm here dad ibis everyone, hopefully summoning @Terance and @Ibis -- though he'd be happy to see anyone, of course.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She had slept for much longer than she intended, stiff as a log and surrounded by emerald green clovers. When the sound of her brother's call rose in the air and slipped in to her dream-filled mind Ibis was summoned out of her sleep; the dream fizzled out soon enough, and as she sat blinking at the slanting light she thought she could see fey creatures dancing around her. They were really a flood of bugs swarming at the sunlight, and it took a few moments for Ibis to realize it. A yawn filled her lungs and as she stood up she exhaled through her nose, feeling the shift in pressure briefly block her ears.

Okeanos. Had he really called, or was that part of the dream? Ibis stepped, stretching with each stride, and began to mosey her way towards the border to make sure she wasn't still dreaming. In the back of her mind she remembered her quest and the need to seek out her father to deliver all her messages, but that plan was struck from her mind when she saw the towering figure of her beloved brother waiting on the fringe of the claim.

Okeeeee! She sang as she closed the distance, pummelling him with her petite body as she careened in to him for a hug.
156 Posts
Ooc — remus

even though he's just seen her, one brief visit cannot make up for months apart. her voice, his favorite song, and then her -- okeanos allows her to crash into him, wrapping her in his embrace with a joyful bark. sweet darling ibis! it is as if he has been missing a limb, and now it has been returned to him.

he does not pull away, speaking close to her ear when he talks (he'll hug as long as she'll let him). "hi ibby," okeanos giggles, unable to keep the doofy grin off his face. "how are you? hows dad?"
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
He'd gotten so big! Sure she'd just seen him, but it had been a moment characterized by chaos — both their mothers had been present, and Lily, and three kids that were their half-siblings; so much had been going on that she hadn't been able to focus on Okeanos as much as she would have liked. Now they could make up properly. 

As he wrapped around her in a big bear-like hug, she burrowed, her sickle of a tail whizzing back and forth behind her. Oh, how she missed this! It felt like everything was turning out okay — that Ibis' initial doubts about moving to live with dad were unfounded, because here was Okee; mom-and-mom were happy in Elysium... Everything was right.

I'm good — he's good, um, her voice was muffled by her brother's coat until she reluctantly withdrew from him and felt the cool air on her cheeks again. Dad.. Has a new wife. They had some kids, so, we have some new siblings. How would he take that news? She didn't worry about it too much. How're you? Have you got any trades yet or... Or anything you wanna do? Are you gonna stay here with me? Are you just visiting...?

She had so many questions!
156 Posts
Ooc — remus

oh! surprised joy lights his green eyes at the news of more siblings. he'll have to meet them -- and dad's new wife. what is she like? soft and gentle like his mamas? well, he'd have his chance now. her questioning gets a sheepish chuckle from him, nudging her shoulder before responding. "i've been studying with mamas, herbs and medicines and things," he says, "it's useful to know, but i don't know if i want to be a counselor or midwife like our mamas." he likes caring for others, but he does not know if that makes him a caretaker, or if it's just the way elysium is. 

as for her other question -- he hmms, gaze sweeping behind her to the rest of the territory. "well -- sorta. ibis, i wanna try to find mali." he takes a breath, plunging on before she can try to interrupt him (if she would), "i know i probably won't find him, and even if i do, he won't want anything to do with me, but -- i don't like how things were when we were kids. and i'm happy that our mamas have his dad, but i don't think it's right, how it went down." a frown twists his open, gentle features. there's other reasons, more selfish ones, but he wants to keep those secret. safe for him and him only.

"but i want you to come with me," he says, laying his cards flat on the table. it's a big ask, he knows, and if she wants to stay with dad and their siblings, well, he can't fault her. but! "our mamas' have their new wife and kids, and if dad does too--well, it seems like maybe it's a good time for us to, um, sow our oats i think they say." besides, he can think of no one he'd rather have by his side on a possibly indefinite adventure besides his darling sister. "so... what do you say?"
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She sure hoped he would stay for a while, whether it be a permanent change or not. He had grown up without her around and Ibis felt immensely guilty for that; at the same time she had needed the change of scenery, and knew it had been the right call for herself.

As he explained his motivations she found herself smiling more, reminded of Gannet. Maybe thats why she liked the pale man so much - he reminded her of Okeanos. As her brother went on to make his proposal, Ibis was stunned. Her heart fluttered with uncertainty -- but he was right, and they both knew it.Mom and dad - and all their affiliations - had moved on, built a new family, and even Ibis had caught on to the feeling that she didn't belong here. Her desire to roam was growing stronger by the day and was exacerbated by her dream of becoming an ambassador, and of seeing the world's beauty for herself.
 She was not quiet for long. I think its time to... do our own thing. I'd love to go with you!
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
the call was music to terance's ears. he hadn't seen his son in many months, and to hear the call (though it was only vaguely familiar, since terance didn't often get to see the boy) was almost too delighting. terance, leaving his other children in @Treason's care, took off towards the borders. he arrived but moments after ibis, but enough time to catch the tail end of their conversation. to hear that ibis was leaving. he silently felt his poor heart shatter, only but a few steps away from his two children, only just having emerged from the underbrush that covered the trail he was on. 

he pushed on, his expression fizzling back into something pleasant as he feigned strong for his children. and though his voice threatened to crack, terance held it together and rumbled a deep greeting to his eldest son, okeanos. it was all that needed to be said. he pressed forwards to take the boy in an embrace, releasing after a few moments. my son, he purled, how are you? it's so nice to see you. though terance knew it would not be for long. he looked at ibis with a warm smile, not willing to leave her out -- she looked as happy as he thought she might. he was glad that were so close, though he wished their bond wouldn't take them away from him.
156 Posts
Ooc — remus

there is a moment when he can see his proposal register in her pretty eyes, and he begins to worry she will reproach him--but he needn't have, for she is quick to agree. he grins blindingly, about to suggest they go find dad when suddenly he arrives as if summoned by okeanos' thoughts. 

unaware that his dad has heard their conversation, oke steps forward to meet his embrace, basking for a moment in it. though he'd grown up away from him, he's missed his dad, and treasures what memories together he does have. "i'm good -- i heard you have a new wife? we have more siblings?" he asks playfully, pulling back with a knowing look to ibis. they'll both talk to him about their imminent departure, he's sure, but okeanos sees no real need to rush. not when there's new babies to smooch!
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She doesn't realize how hurtful the decision might be to their father, who arrives within moments of the conversation reaching a conclusion; she basks in Okeanos' goodness, his smile and his warmth and all the things she missed of him. When Terance arrives she is surprised, but only because the sight of him reminds her of other plans — chiefly, the party that she had been trying to organize between the Hollow and their neighbors in Easthollow.

As thrilling as it sounded to go on a grand adventure with her brother, Ibis felt suddenly guilty for forgetting about her promise to Ira and the plans that were still being formed. She opened her mouth as if to speak on this, but stopped, not wishing to detract from the moment between the two most important men in her life.

Instead she squirrels herself close, wedging her tiny body against Okeanos and then Terance, full of affection.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
okeanos was, no doubt, the product of terance himself. he was fully grown now, surely, as large as terance save for some youthful features. the leader was so proud to see his son here before him, as broad and handsome as he could've hoped -- more so, even. it was too bad, it seemed, that the stash of a few memories that they shared together would not grow too much larger. perhaps another time. 

he pulled away from his son, accepting the response with a wide grin and a nod of his head. ibis, so sweet and gentle, pressed against either men with affection. when she did so to terance, he rested his chin upon her head, raising it only to respond to okeanos. yes -- a woman named treason. she's a soldier and my righthand... and we have three children, he began, only to allow his smile to grow a little sillier, you have three siblings. two brothers and a sister. they're quite a handful.
156 Posts
Ooc — remus

soldier--okeanos, who  has only really ever known the gentle souls that tend to accumulate in elysium, has a hard time imagining what this treason might be like. but if dad loves her, okeanos is sure he will too, no matter what. he grins at the description of his new siblings, thinking of his three brothers back home (a milder set, perhaps). "mama olive had three, too," he says, voicing his thoughts, "all boys. i'm happy our family's grown so much on both sides."

glancing at ibis, he continues. "i'd like to meet them and treason, if that's okay." treason doesn't know him after all, and he knows mothers can be a little protective. but, oh, he should properly explain his intentions. "i'm not staying--permanently, here. there's something else i have to do, and--i was hoping ibby would join me." he nearly asks terance for permission, but bites his tongue--he's not ibis' keeper, she can ask for herself and/or make her own decisions. instead, he adds, "but i don't need to go immediately, and it'd be nice to visit with you for a little bit first, a couple of days, maybe, if that's okay with you and uncle rannoch?" okeanos dips his head slightly, respectfully; he knows his dad is happy to see him, but he doesn't want to come off as taking advantage of the creek, and he wants to do this properly, with no hurt feelings on either side.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She did worry about how their dad would take the news — to finally have his kids together again only for them to depart, but, at least Okeanos was giving them a little bit of time first. Ibis listened as they conversed for a bit, and as her brother's question rose up she flashed Terance with a hopeful smile.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance nodded with a warm smile. you'll have to meet treason first... she's a little protective. but i'd love for you to meet them. and her, of course, he told okeanos, his tail wagging happily at the thought of his son meeting the rest of his family. terance wasn't sure if treason would be impressed or disappointed by okeanos. he was giant, after all, which seemed to be good by treason's standards. but terance wasn't sure he had much interest in fighting -- more of ibis' skill level. it seemed the elysium didn't partake much in that... which was a frowny face in treason's standards. terance hoped she'd at least be pleasant-ish. 

and then, terance quickly was reminded of what he'd just overheard. ah. he was prayed he'd heard it wrong... but no. it was all too true. he glanced to ibis, who looked hopeful. and maybe like she was asking permission? terance grinned despite the hole that burned through his heart. you don't need my permission, little bird, he purled to her, and then nodded to okeanos, you're welcome to stay as long as you'd like. and make sure you both talk to gannet before you take off, get some supplies for the road or learn some knowledge about plants incase you need to find something while you travel. i just want you guys to be safe. terance knew that much about scouting, at least. 

his head tilted, though. where are you hoping to travel? he asked them, despite the fact that he didn't want to hear anymore of the topic.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance nodded with a warm smile. you'll have to meet treason first... she's a little protective. but i'd love for you to meet them. and her, of course, he told okeanos, his tail wagging happily at the thought of his son meeting the rest of his family. terance wasn't sure if treason would be impressed or disappointed by okeanos. he was giant, after all, which seemed to be good by treason's standards. but terance wasn't sure he had much interest in fighting -- more of ibis' skill level. it seemed the elysium didn't partake much in that... which was a frowny face in treason's standards. terance hoped she'd at least be pleasant-ish. 

and then, terance quickly was reminded of what he'd just overheard. ah. he was prayed he'd heard it wrong... but no. it was all too true. he glanced to ibis, who looked hopeful. and maybe like she was asking permission? terance grinned despite the hole that burned through his heart. you don't need my permission, little bird, he purled to her, and then nodded to okeanos, you're welcome to stay as long as you'd like. and make sure you both talk to gannet before you take off, get some supplies for the road or learn some knowledge about plants incase you need to find something while you travel. i just want you guys to be safe. terance knew that much about scouting, at least. 

his head tilted, though. where are you hoping to travel? he asked them, despite the fact that he didn't want to hear anymore of the topic.
156 Posts
Ooc — remus

his tail wags happily as terance agrees, even as he nods in understanding. after all, he's not been to the hollow in some time, and this treason doesn't know him at all, even if he is their blood... even if he can't meet them now, he's sure he'll get to eventually, when they're older. the wag in his tail only increases as his dad gives him permission to visit, suggesting they speak to gannet -- he nods seriously, saying, "i will -- i've learned a little about plants from mother, but a refresher is probably a good idea." 

at his dad's question, okeanos hesitates. when he'd left he'd not mentioned mali to seabreeze, but terance doesn't know the situation at all. how should he explain..? "well," he starts, slowly, feeling for each word, "i have an idea, but i'm not... completely sure, yet. but there's someone i want to try and find, and if i can't find him, well... at least it'll have been an adventure." hopefully that's enough of an explanation, he thinks, a little sheepishly: he trusts ibis to understand his impulse, but anyone else, he's sure, would want to know why he's wasting his time looking for a bitter ghost from his childhood with no intention of really... repairing anything. okeanos is just like that.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
You don't need my permission, little bird. Terance murmured to her as she looked hopefully up at him; she smiled softly in response and glanced to Okeanos as her brother began to speak, seemingly choosing his words with care. It had been such a long time since she'd heard him speak so much and she basked in his voice, content in the vibration of it through the air and not really paying attention to what was being said - then there was a subtle glance to Ibis, and the girl wondered what it would be like to find Mali again. She had very few memories of him.

At least it'll have been an adventure. Okeanos had concluded.

We could visit Elysium first -- she blurted first, eager to get on the road and exploring but also charmed by the idea of visiting home again; except that's where Okeanos had just come from, and he knew Mali wasn't there. Or, um, one of the other neighboring packs. Swiftcurrent maybe? Their claim goes north. We could go to the coast, see what's out there? They had a lot of ground to cover and many sights to see. The thought of visiting all of these magical places with her favorite person was an intoxicating one.