Hushed Willows no living man am i! — you look upon a woman
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Pale ears flickered on the downy bedding of her ruff at Lily’s consultations, the pumpkin eyes putting the earnest words to shame with their own generosity. The herbalist gave a tiny, meager nod, acquiescing, before refocusing on the talk of the Satori’s own children.

Three — there’d been a time when Aure had hoped for three. What would have it been like, to have made a third child? Would that pup have taken after its brother or sister, or either of the parents? None at all? Or would it have been a terror, a chatter, or a dreamer, as Lily’s own babes were? Unless she were able ever have a third, or more... Aure wouldn’t know. Someday, perhaps.

Then the willow-warden queried after Diaspora, and Aure gave hesitation for thought. “Well... it has been rather quiet, I believe. What with ze leaders being so busy, and all of ze babies that need looking after.” Her smile was a quiet one, “I was actually visiting my friend, and her little girl, before coming here. An only child... it must be a dream.” A hoarse little laugh.

Had the silver known this would be the last time she’d ever see Lily again, she might’ve said what she was truly feeling. But Aurëwen was nothing if not altruistic; so when the time came to wish the willow-woman well, she did, and only departed after giving Aeryn a faint, warm smile.
Messages In This Thread
RE: no living man am i! — you look upon a woman - by Andraste - June 05, 2019, 09:36 PM