Whitefish River Just Between Us Girls
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki

There was something a miss... The young woman rose from her den, shaking off the groggy sensation from waking up. Cerulean eyes falling on the beautiful wings of monarchs that decided come to visit the garden, wings opening and closing in a hypnotic rhythm, eyes glistening as they were in awe of the beautiful sunset like colors it bore. 

Carefully she slid out of the den, careful to not bother the butterfly as it did its thing, she was soft and quiet as she squeezed herself out the side, bouncing away to a new decision she had come to today.

To get to know Ira better.

It was wrong to only use her as a training partner, to better herself and give nothing to the Roan woman in return. Or at least treat her more as a friend than just a mentor. Should she appreciate it, Reiko would learn today. As always, if they simply did not get along that was fine by her as well - she would never know unless she gave it a try at least.

Normally the woman was found near the borders, patrolling, and so that is where Reiko would go first. With a bounce in her step. she quickly found herself at the borders of the pack. Eyes scanning to try and find her target. A while passed, maybe an hour or two as she searched. She began to think that maybe... maybe she was somewhere else.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The constable was elsewhere for once. Not far from where she was usually expected though. She sat perched at the edge of the river in a more shallow spot, her head craned down as she observed what was held in the light depths. She was never much of a large game hunter, and rabbits could only do so much for a hungry wolf. Now that there were pups, she was determined to help feed their newest additions, even if they could not eat meat yet.

Ira had never hunted fish, but she did recall the demonstration Evergreen gave her what felt like forever ago. He said it was all about patience, something she had plenty of, but this pressed how far she was willing to go. Already drenched from previous attempts, a scowl was plastered on her face as she growled in frustration and slapped the water. She had been sitting there for a few hours now flat out of luck and nothing to bring home leaving her time wasted. Today was not going as planned.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Nothing. The roan woman shouldn't be so hard to find! And yet, here the snowy damsel walked, still without results from her search. A frown tugged at her soft lips as she continued, trailing toward the river in hopes that perhaps the woman was searching for food. It was the main source for the pack, the river, many had been practicing their fishing skills as to train themselves on the art of fishing - which had been far more different than hunting land prey. Patience was a virtue for both, but fish... they took more time.

A splash caught her attention as she drew near; ears drawn forward onto her crown, she began to sprint forward. Long legs carrying her swiftly until the river was in view - as well as Ira! Ira! She called out excitedly, tail swishing back and forth in response as if she had been looking for days for the Constable. Oblivious to her utter frustration, Reiko approached, treacherously poised on the ledge of the river bank as paws clung to the edge. 

I've been looking for you everywhere. She smiled sweetly, giggling even as if it was all a joke, all the time she had spent looking had come and gone in a flash, the glee at finding the one she saught brought all the joy she needed. Cocking her head to the side, she finally realized what Ira was doing... Having any luck with fish today?
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
An ear flicked as she heard her name called by a familiar voice. Based on the light footsteps approaching fast it was easy to confirm the source was her apprentice. A heavy breath came through her nose as she attempted to push away her aggression, after all, it wasn't like the young girl had done anything to deserve it. Greetings, I have been here. Are you in need of me for something, or did you want to pick up a training session?

It was clear the snowy girl was not going to be greeted in the same bubbly manner, but Ira had never been...the bubbly type. Reiko tilted her head as if she just noticed her soaked pelt. Something...more than embarrassing considering she had nothing to show for her attempts. Hardly. She sighed stepping away from the river to shake herself off. Thought I'd give it a try, but it's not for me. I don't like fish anyway.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Even if Ira seemed clearly upset about her fishing attempts, Reiko remained upbeat. Her smile still tickled the pink lips, and bright wide eyes watched Ira with great excitement rather than with a judging glance. Neither! She chirped excitedly. Yeah it seems that many are having a hard time with the fishing aspect - maybe we need someone who can teach one or all of us how to. (...maybe, you know whoooooo).

Not wanting to stand above of the roan woman, Reiko was quick to leap from her ledge and into the water, creating a small splash and continued disturbances in the water as she turned to face Ira. The water easily swallowing her in its depths, she moved slowly despite her cutting through it with the slender physique as it pushed against most of her body in comparison to Ira who stood above most of it all.

I'd like to get to know you a little better if that's okay? Her smile faded for only a moment, to ensure that she was serious about her offer. Like... where do you come from? How do you know Evergreen, stuff like that! And maybe... become friends? Rather than just subordinate and Constable. With that said, she looked up to Ira with a deep desire to get to know the stern woman a little more. Perhaps she would be shut down by her offer, but by God, she'd give it a try anyway.
Healing (2/6)

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira blinked confused as Reiko stated her business was casual. They had always worked together during their meetings, something she personally did not mind, but of course to others that was often viewed differently. The snowy girl was quick to move topics though and took her attention with it. If so many were struggling to fish they'd need serious lessons or a new main food source. She could talk to Evergreen later about that issue.

Before she really formulated a response, Reiko was jumping into the river and heading her way with hopes of knowing her better. The proposal of friendship especially caught her attention, drawing a blank expression and then a small frown. The only friend she really had here was Evergreen, but she usually didn't deal with the chit chat of friends. Most never even tried thanks to her stone-cold demeanor. I can answer those questions for you, but I'm not the type of wolf you probably want a friendship with.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
I think that's a judgment that I should pass, is it not? She smiled sweetly to the Constable, assuring that she was more than happy to test the waters and give their relationship a try. Even Ira's stern expression didn't have her falter from grace, Reiko was certain she could crack this nut and was determined to put every effort into it as possible. 

Here, I'll start. Cleaning her throat, she sat on the ground, wiggling on the spot as if the sheer excitement of getting to know Ira, and sharing her own experiences was just too much to handle. I was born far north of here, where snow is always abundant. She began excitedly - only for her smile to fade...

She wasn't prepared, she forgot all about her own story and to open up to Ira had brought back memories she had hoped would never return. Fussing with her own emotions, she struggled to share - but the desire to show Ira she too was willing to open up, to let a friendship blossom, she swallowed the lump in her throat and continued should Ira allow. After my sister took the throne, after my parent's passing, I was exiled and traveled far... She paused for a moment. Eyes falling to the ground as she was deep in thought, for a moment she was lost but shook herself free from those bonds quickly enough to meet Ira's gaze once more, eyes lit brilliantly as she pushed aside her sadness to allow glee to take over once more.

To find myself here in the end. This time she paused, waiting for Ira to chime in; or maybe to take a moment and mull over her decision on opening up herself. It would take time, Reiko was certain, but that was something they had plenty of.
Healing (2/6)

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
sorry for short post ik you're trying to wrap up rei in KO

As always the snowy girl was...rather determined. With no other option, Ira found herself telling her story, though she did not share nearly as much. I was born to a strong pack far from here in the mountains. I trained hard and slowly grew to power, but ultimately left. It was not a good fit for someone like me. Few seemed to understand the importance of pure blood here, so she found no need to explain further.

I traveled for a long time and eventually found the father who abandoned me in Easthollow. Things were rocky, but over a year we worked things out. While I was there Evergreen joined and we quickly became close. Faster than most. But the bear always seemed to melt her walls. He left for a while, but when he came back he offered a place by his side here...and so we formed Kaistleoki.