Sleepy Fox Hollow Hang up my heart, let it air out
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The General was right: his dream would live on within the children. But that didn't completely soothe the ripping feeling in her chest at the thought of abandoning the mountains. She wouldn't keep her children in a dangerous place, though, not even to keep herself from breaking. I know, she quietly replied. It would be stupid to try and hold on to the mountains while they crumbled around them, and she wouldn't lose any more family. 

East would have, naturally, been her first choice; it was where the glacier was, and she was certain they could find another home there. They would still be close to the mountains, and maybe they could return if the quaking ever ceased. But she had seen the smoke darkening the sky as well, and it filled her with dread; something about it told her to stay as far away as possible, and she wasn't one to ignore her instincts. She had been thinking recently about land west of here. She had only traveled as far as blackfeather woods, where she lived upon first arriving here. The memory of that time made her heart hurt. Things were so different then; it seemed like a different lifetime. She quickly pushed the thoughts away to focus on more pressing matters. Like how the words injustice seemed like an understatement. She couldn't think of a word that encompassed just how she felt being forced to part with yet another thing she loved. I agree: the land to the west seems more promising, she answered, choosing not to confide in him any more of her feelings on the matter; it wouldn't help anything. She needed to separate herself from her emotions to do what needed to be done—be a mother and Diaspora's Kapitän. Have you seen any of it? Taki asked next. She hated the thought of leading her children and the pack to a land none of them knew anything about.
Inuttuk
Common

Messages In This Thread
Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Takiyok - October 11, 2019, 04:35 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Mahler - October 11, 2019, 05:45 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Takiyok - October 11, 2019, 10:20 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Mahler - October 16, 2019, 07:34 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Takiyok - October 17, 2019, 03:47 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Mahler - October 18, 2019, 03:51 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Takiyok - October 22, 2019, 04:59 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Mahler - October 26, 2019, 05:33 PM
RE: Hang up my heart, let it air out - by Takiyok - October 26, 2019, 10:42 PM