Ankyra Sound a blackout oath i swore and meant but couldn't conjure up again
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Days after Raleska had turned away from her mother, she was consumed by a harrowing sense of guilt. It had been right to do, but god, it felt shitty -- what had first been denial (in her own actions), then sorrow, then fury, had finally softened into something more akin to resignation.

She knew she must find her mother. It had been a kneejerk reaction, but it had still been right. Rosalyn and Rusalka would be safer without Caiaphas, and Raleska knew that.. but it didn't make the taste in Raleska's mouth feel any better.

She had to apologize - maybe she needed closure in the form of sharing her own side, her own reasons for it all. She returned to where she thought she knew Caiaphas would be, but was besides herself to learn the Sound housed Caiaphas no more than it housed any Rusalkan. Combing the coast (Raleska was still taken aback by how high the seas were still), Raleska paused in uncertainty as a beast lurched from along the wash-line.

He was not immediately recognizable to Raleska, but as she pulled closer she realized she knew this wolf. The recognition chilled her blood and she pulled up abruptly, torn between running or standing her ground. He looked like something the ocean had spat out -- quite literally.. Raleska didn't want to risk her chances engaging with him, but her stupid iron-rod pride kept her rooted to the spot. Her emblazoned gaze rested upon his sodden form with a feral nervousness, but Raleska said nothing as she watched him prowl ever closer.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
RE: a blackout oath i swore and meant but couldn't conjure up again - by Raleska - December 14, 2019, 06:14 PM