Lost Creek Hollow Who puts missiles in their lunch box?
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Pack Activity 
Tags for all and a little PP to get everyone here. This is semi-optional/not done in rounds. AKA if there's a question asked or something needing a direct response, I'll respond as promptly as I can, so just go for it as needed! If there are no need for additional replies on my end I'll wrap it up in... I dunno, whenever seems appropriate, haha. Also apologies if this post is weird, tablet typing is odd at best.
@Terance @Jomyo @Law @Pheiros @Tiarnach @Brouhaha @Nara

They had howled and the pack had gathered. Bringing everyone together made it that much more obvious that things just hadn't been the same since Rannoch and Liffey had left. Like they hadn't entirely recovered. But a new future lay ahead and they could change things to shake the shadow. It wouldn't be a big deal. 

Assuming she still didn't know what happened to Sarah, Arbiter did wonder where she went, yet at the same time there wasn't much that could be done -- she would not force her family to stay here when elsewhere may be better for them all.  She was not a fool, and would be able to ask Easthollow where the pack went, so it's not like it would be a big mystery if investigated. That would be her stop after speaking here.

She looked to Terance, her children, then to the others. I found signs of larger prey returning not far to the north of here. I believe it in all our best interests that we should move up to Jade Fern Grove or the nearby Bypass for the winter.  Unsurprisingly, the smoking mountain probably kept other wolves from settling there. At least it seemed to have calmed somewhat in recent weeks -- it didn't seem so ominous as it once had. I don't like leaving our forest, but if we stay, I fear our numbers plus that of Easthollow will make it harder on both packs, and it will take longer for things to return to how they were. I'll be heading there shortly to inform them of our move. If you do not want to make the trek, perhaps they'll let you stay there, but I am of the opinion that we should all go north together.  Her eyes swept around the group. Well, ok, mate and kids were kind of not really given the option to ditch,  but anyone else? It was always best to keep the most loyal. The floor was open for questions and comments.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
She came when called, and gathered among the paltry few to hear out what their next plan of action was going to be. Jomyo might not have been here exceptionally long, but even with their lot whittled down to so few, she still felt her chances were better here loyal beside this little family than anywhere else in the vicinity--just as she had planned to be, even if winter was going to get off on a rough foot to start. Still, she was invested enough to see this through and gave Arbiter her attention without question.

It was a move based in need, and her sights were set on the goal most fit for survival. The Eizokusei faulted none of it, though. She agreed that they should go where the prey was, with the bonus of going where fewer packs were--then even better. It was too bleak here already, and the deeper the freeze got for the rest of the winter, the worse it was all sure to become unless something suddenly changed. Since she didn't have any major attachments to the creekside itself, and was well-accustomed to moving on to greener pastures when the need called, there would be no extra friction out of her today. I'm for it. Following the prey makes sense, she made small mention of, in agreement.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance stood beside arbiter, appearing a little solemn. his expression was grim, gaze narrowed into the small group of wolves that gathered. he didn't care if this was the fault of prey, or of easthollow, or anything else for that matter. terance blamed rannoch. rannoch for leaving. for taking half their pack. for kicking them to the curb. terance loved this forest with his whole heart -- this forest was his home just as his family was. and now they had to leave it, for another territory. his ear flicked.

arbiter did a majority of the talking, not that terance minded. he'd gotten much better at being able to articulate himself, but he still preferred to keep down. just listen. respond to comments. arbiter could handle the formality stuff, she was good at that. when she finished speaking, terance gave his mate a gentle nudge to the shoulder, then stood upright as the pack began to respond. at his side, pike stood stiff and tall -- terance gave him a quick glance, trying to decipher if he was holding his breathe or not, but a voice brought him back.

he gave the she-wolf a nod of his head, a warm smile of appreciation. he was glad to have to followers -- he hoped she was getting what she could from their pack. he wished he could promise that they would grow, become stronger. but after rannoch's leave, terance felt little confidence in anything except his family. 

beside him, he heard a little gasp of air as pike released the breath he was holding in.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
No shouts of defiance or anything like that at least.  She nodded to Jomyo when she spoke, and was quick to confirm anything else that might have come up behind the scenes.

Start preparing yourselves.  I'll be going to Easthollow to tell them shortly.  Begin clearing out what little may be left in the caches -- it will be harder to hunt while traveling, we all need to be at our best.  We travel as soon as all are ready.  And that was all.  She bowed her head to dismiss them.  As the rest of the pack left, she went over with Terance what would be discussed with Valette.  It should be a simple jaunt.  They'd be off to better lands soon enough.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC