Ankyra Sound There are times that walk from you like some passing afternoon
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Ephraim thought of the logistics behind Raleska's wish to inter Caiaphas, but her needs were purely selfish. As much as she wanted to be noble and pragmatic, she just couldn't -- not in this moment. The enormity of her loss hung over her like crumbling pieces of the grotto's cave ceiling -- threatening to come crashing down any moment.

She felt a prick of relief (and guilt, then) Ephraim did not push. He full well could have, and she would have served as his doormat if he did. Somehow, it seemed right to do both, but Raleska knew which one she wanted for herself.

She swallowed, her sorrowed gaze turning from Ephraim back to the grotto. Its dark mouth had her reeling inwardly, as if threatening to swallow them both, the sand, the Sound, all in its yawning black gullet. "I don't want to go back down there." She confided in her brother in a whisper that was tremulous with shame.

She would do it, of course -- but to return to the shadowed pit was to return to the undeniable reality she had lost her mother. Everything. Ephraim, too. She did not fault him once for grieving, for he had so many future things stolen from him purely by Caiaphas' untimely end. "but.. I think.. I think it is what she would want. You know how much she fought to stay here." Raleska attempted a soft joke, feeling the smile that graced her features was sad and phony.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
RE: There are times that walk from you like some passing afternoon - by Raleska - March 13, 2020, 01:03 PM