Stone Circle Now I am as devoted to you as I can be without crossing the line
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Stop playing games, Xan, she thought wordlessly when he said that she already knew why. She didn't understand, especially after his crystal clear rejection back when, why he had returned. His enfeebled state helped reduce her fear somewhat, and the fact that he would defend her from others that might try to harm her. She swallowed difficulty as she stared at him, waiting to find out if he would say any more.

And he had more words, as they came and poured over her. Because he cared about her, no, because --

-- He loved her.

He loved her.

Too late, it was all too late. Why hadn't he figured this out so long ago, when she needed him? Why did he come here now, after everything that had happened? Maybe he could have fixed her, maybe he could have -- no, men are trash -- but maybe, just maybe, maybe --

Maybe if he had come before Iliksis.

He hadn't defended her then. Who was to say he would again? When Greyback came for her? When another male decided that he could just take what he wanted? Indra was the only one that had been there for her, always, and she was gone.

If that is how you treat things you love, then it's worth piss all, Laurel said, her eyes shining with withheld emotion, and she turned away from him, ears flattened against her skull.

Quivered words came forth after she turned her back to him, as if it took great effort to speak them, I hate you for what you did to me

for what you let him do

for not being there to protect me then

I can't do this.

Your words are empty. Prove you mean them and we'll see.

Strong words for a woman so weak and afraid.

She walked away from him, and all the while the voice in the back of her head whispered,

what are you DOING he's going to jump you didn't you SEE the look in his eyes you. are. SO. dumb. no wonder he managed to take you like that DON'T LET YOUR GUARD DOWN your back is unprotected what are you doing --

you deserved it

you deserved it.

you let it happen.

i'd love another!