Whitefish River Just like the Seed
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
The morning started late for Ira, a wolf of duty who usually rose with the sun. The better half of the morning she had been fighting off fatigue and waves of nausea until the feeling settled enough for her to make her way out of the den. Day waits for no one, no matter who you are or what you've done, even if she did not feel well she could at least walk along the borders. The fresh air would be good for her anyways...or... so she thought. By the time the Constable actually reached the edge of the territory a strong wave of nausea hit her like a brick causing her to stop in her tracks and promptly empty her stomach.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl hadn't had a chance to speak properly with Ira since he joined the pack. In that time the pack had moved back to its original lands and he had been promoted to a noble. But more than that he had found purpose here and a reason to stay within Teekon Wilds. It was something that had really changed his course for the better, and he was thankful for it. 

Patrol was a behavior Howl had always been accustomed to so it was no surprise that he would be doing it today. But other than his usual duties he saught out Ira, and he presumed she would be patrolling as well. When he did come across the slender female she was hunched over and expelling. Unaware of her current condition he worried about her health. "Do you think you're coming down with something or did you eat something not quite right?" he asked in a casual manner. It wasn't normal to vomit, but it wasn't something to be all that worried about assuming it wasn't violent.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira was unaware of the man approaching until she finished coughing at the burning sensation left behind, but at least vomiting seemed to help. Golden eyes flicked to Howl as she smoothed down some ruffled fur. It's possible I ate something a little too old... Guess that was the reality check to clear the caches of any old kills, not that any of her meals seemed suspicious lately, but it couldn't hurt. She would add it to her list for later. Tending to the borders? You seem to have settled well.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
"Hopefully it's that... I mean... in comparison to something more serious" A bad meal would pass easily, an illness might stick around and cause further harm. But Howl was far from a medic so he could stick to Ira's instincts. "Yeah, just doing my usual rounds" he said with a prideful smile. "Though I wouldn't have settled so well if not for yourself and others" he said being a firm believer in giving compliments where they were due. "Would you like to walk down to the water? Cleanse your pallet a bit" he suggested humorously.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Constable was glad to hear the male had settled well, although she had to deny her being of any help. She had done nothing aside from her duties keeping the pack safe. It was a relief to know there were so many now helping along the borders, especially with pups expected, hers included. You give me too much credit, but your help is appreciated. Sometimes I feel as if I'm constantly on the borders, more paws might give me a chance to prove useful elsewhere. The roan woman couldn't deny his offer, nothing sounded better right now than getting the bitter taste out of her mouth. That would be nice, I'm sure I'll be fine. I'm already feeling better. Assuming Howl would follow her she turned for the river.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Her words showed the constables modesty, refusing to acknowledge how essential her role was to the pack. One needn't be a yelling presence within the pack to be the glue that held it together. Taking him up on his offer they walked together to the river. "I still wish to thank you though for what you have done... even if you believe it to be small. It goes without saying that I wouldn't be here now if you hadn't taken that chance on me in the cave that night" he said alluding to the first evening the who had crossed paths.

Once they reached the river Howl too lowered his head to refresh himself before addressing Ira once she had a chance to rinse her mouth. "Aside from a poor meal, how have you been?"
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira could hear the footsteps following after her. It seemed Howl was insistent on giving her his thanks, and while she still disagreed fighting him on it was pointless. You have done nothing to doubt me of your contribution thus far. I speak for everyone when I say thank you for your diligence. She knew he was the chivalrous type, he would likely be just as stubborn as she when receiving compliments.

I've been alright, a little tired recently, but that's likely from all the work we have been doing to clean up the territory. She wouldn't mention her change in sleep, there was no need to worry a man who would likely fret over her if something appeared off. Evergreen and Winterbourne were already filling that role before anything was wrong.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
His compliment was returned with one of her own and though he appreciated that his work was being noticed he still wished there was more he was doing. More wolves he was helping. "I appreciate the recognition, but I won't lie I'm happy to do more. Hoping to do more... Then again I suppose when all the pups enter into the pack I might have different feelings" he said with a light smile.

She spoke of a tired demeanor and attributed it to the work going into tidying the new territory. "Well if you need the extra rest you could probably take it. I'm a frequent early riser so you shouldn't need to wake with the sun if you choose not to." he offered, even though it was something he often already did. But at least if she knew it was something he did she might feel more willing to use it to her advantage.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
As far as breaks were concerned, she had stood idle long enough. Luckily the river flowed along one edge of the territory, their trip over would not be wasted. Assuming that Howl would continue to accompany her, Ira took strides following the flow of the river. The growth was more sparse along the riverbeds, but that would not stop her from marking the edges of their territory. You're doing fine, but if you strive for more I will never complain about full caches or extra patrols. Her gaze flicked to the male ensuring she did not wander too far on accident. I prefer an early start, but I appreciate the offer. It seems I'm not quite in charge of my sleep here yet. It's not as easy for the sun to wake me with trees and growth blocking the rays, not that I'm complaining.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Really sorry for the late reply. Finals week and real-life :P

She remarked that there would never be too many hunting and patroling, something Howl was happy to hear. He had been doing his part with the patrols but perhaps a hunt out of the territory would also be a welcomed aid. Perhaps something bigger than a single meal like a rabbit, but for sure smaller than a bison or elk, these prey items were not a one wolf task. Perhaps he could take Moonshadow up on her offer and the two could seek out some sizable prey.

With regards to sleep Howl understood what she meant, a change in setting was often hard to adjust to, and sleep was important. "Ah... so you're having the opposite problem as me. I'm typically in the woods so any ounce of light tends to wake me. It's definitely nice to sleep in when you can" he commented reinforcing her statements.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All good! I'm still busy with classes too if you want we can work on wrapping this up!

Ira mused a chuckle while pressing against one of the trees that bordered the riverbank, I suppose that's accurate now. I used to be the same, but I am sure I will adapt with time. For a moment she pondered the days that she had spent sleeping in. She couldn't help but feel groggy waking later in the day, but she supposed it was nice. So you prefer sleeping in? When you are able I mean. Ira pulled away from the tree moving closer to the bank to rejoin the knight on their walk.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Sounds good :)

Prefer may have been a strong term. After all, the grass was always greener on the otherwise, but he felt as though if he did sleep in every morning after awhile he would feel unproductive. He took a moment to ponder over his answer as they walked along marking the border. "hmmm..... I prefer a full nights rest" he said with a light chuckle. "Sleeping in would definitely assure that sometimes, but I feel like after a while I would rather get my tasks done early in the day then relax later, opposed to the opposite"

The two had been talking for a little while now, exchanging pleasantries, compliments, and a freshening of the palette. All in all, Howl had had the conversation he was looking to have with Ira, aside from the spontaneous events. He suspected that she too was also a duty oriented individual and didn't wish to keep her from them for longer than he needed to. If there was something more pressing it would be a different story. But niceties and casual conversation could be saved for less dutiful times. "In any regard, it seems you are feeling better now, and after expressing my gratitude I feel I shouldn't keep you from your work much longer."
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Last from me! Feel free to archive or post
The Constable listened quietly musing over the answers Howl provided. It seemed in many ways they were similar, even when it came to their views on sleep. In all honesty, if she didn't need to sleep the roan woman probably wouldn't. It always felt like something needed to be done and she'd rather spend her time being productive then lounging about. That was the exact attitude though that drove others away when she was younger. Ira's gaze shifted to the dark man as he changed the subject. It seemed his concerns were quelled and her patrol was just about over anyway, I appreciate the concern. I may just take your advice and rest for a bit. Feel free to join me along the borders another time though, the company can be nice. At least when the company didn't get on her nerves, but it seemed Howl was always pleasant to be around. She would wait to see if the man had any parting words before departing from the borders herself.