Stone Circle And I end the story that we didn’t even get to start
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
After her run-in with Merrick Laurel had stuck to herself. She hadn't frequented her normal sleeping area much, even though it was where others knew not to bother her -- even her own children -- but she had stayed away, made sure no one found her, until her neck had healed again, had healed enough. The wounds were scabbed over now and some of the fur was regrowing, but the memories remained. She needed to leave Easthollow, but in truth she knew that she wouldn't be safe anywhere else. What was the point in leaving?

But what was the point in staying?

What is the point in anything, my dearest?

The voice had stayed with her more since Merrick's attack, had made sure she had no waking moment of rest and had made sure she had no dreams that she could sleep through peacefully.

Laurel's fucks to give had run out so long ago and yet somehow it seemed that there was more the world could have taken from her. Even in death he pestered her everywhere she went.

She saw the flash of white from the corner of her eyes and she startled, felt an unpleasant sensation in her spine as she whirled around only to see the flash of white pass by. She lowered her body but he was off. The scent in the air promised that he had been hunting, something that should've eased her mind, but somehow it did not. Laurel remained low to the ground as she watched him trot, not sure if she wished for him to come closer or stay away. Something inside of her was changing, a feeling that she knew all too well and a feeling that she had tried so hard to stave off entirely this year, but -- her scent told her -- she was appealing -- she was disgusting -- she was -- everything every man wants. No, no, no, how did this happen? How --

But we both know that you want it, really, for him to come close and to -- No, she hissed at the ground to break the words.
Messages In This Thread
RE: And I end the story that we didn’t even get to start - by Laurel - April 28, 2020, 11:16 AM