Seaside Moors People ought to stick together, that's the way to make a crowd.
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
For now, Raleska ignored her children. Her gaze carried from Aningan to Sugar as the nomedic prepared to leave. There was a pang in her heart to see the yearling go, but she offered a soft smile and a hopeful glance her way as Aningan offered her a momentary place to rest if she so needed it.

Erzulie's grateful tone caused her to look back to Stryx, who offered graciously to stay longer on Raleska's behalf. She hated being the source of attention this way, but she was eternally endowed to both of her medics, and gave Stryx a quick nod of acceptance and thankfulness as it was decided she would stay.

Back to Rosalyn, Raleska could not ignore the absence of warmth in her mentor's tone. Deserved or not, it stung her worse than saltwater, but she too was a proud specimen, and she too felt pride rankle her being.

She looked to the ground, for what she was about to say next took no pride at all. If anything, it dragged her down to the level of clams and mollusks; down to the level of grub and creatures with no spine or soul. "I can't take care of them." She half-mumbled, counting the glittering specks of sand which rimed her feet. She felt smaller than ever, but she knew one look at her would be enough for anyone to collaborate -- Raleska's body simply was not in the condition to keep nursing. "I'm not well, and I'm not ready."

Raleska's head turned to the sky and she felt tears she loathed to shed crawl freely down her face. A tiredness seeped into her tone that was so desolate she could scarcely keep it from thickening her words: "Please -- can you take them, and raise them as your own?" She met Rosalyn's gaze suddenly, the tears in her proud eyes filming them over with shame. "When I am better, I can help feed them and babysit them and care for them.. but they need a mother. They need someone who can love them... And I can't --"
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
RE: People ought to stick together, that's the way to make a crowd. - by Raleska - June 22, 2020, 01:31 PM