Firefly Glen till we see the light
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Private 
@Simmik , lmk if location needs editing ^^

She left Neverwinter then, deciding that time was short, becoming paranoid about how quickly a gang of criminals could grow. Was there time to visit Hydra? Probably not... maybe it would be best to return through the path she had taken here, pass by Ravensblood again and check the amount of scents at the border, check in on the packs again and see who might join her in the fight. And so Huā left, passing through the tall grasses and weaving her way back to the flatlands.
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Simmik was on her way home and had veered off the normal path to check the glen for something to eat before returning home. 

But the time spent there alone, tracking the rabbit whose scent she had found was short-lived. A woman crossed through, just ahead of her, looking as if she had somewhere important to be. Simmik stopped and watched her curiously for a few moments before trotting forward after her. Her scent seemed familiar in a way she couldn't quite place yet.

Eventually, she let out a chuff and waited for the other woman to acknowledge her.
Inuttuk
Common
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
The chuff disturbed her journey, and Huā turned, nose sniffing the air between them instinctively. Neverwinter, She uttered in an obvious observation, though there was a touch of the sea amongst it. She was low on time, and uneager to socialize about unnecessary things. What did this girl want?
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Abrupt and to the point: Simmiks favorite kind of wolf. She was eager to be home, but she could never resist questioning a stranger. She nodded when the other woman spoke the name of her pack. She must know one of her packmates to be able to recognize her scent that easily. She was instantly wary, unsure if she was maybe someone who didn't get along with them. 

Yes, she answered with a curt nod. Simmik, Neverwinter's Beta, she continued. Maybe her title would nip any trouble causing in the bud, or maybe it would make things worse. And you are? Better to get the introductions over with so they could get to more important things.
Inuttuk
Common
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Ah, Simmik. Neverwinter's beta. The name was familiar, the face was not, but probably a good thing they were finally meeting, even if it was during an urgent time where Huā wasn't feeling very friendly. Huāzhēn Jiāng, She answered curtly, Yuèlóng Huángdì. Empress, She added in explanation, tail flicking impatiently behind her. Happy to meet you. Do you need something? She questioned.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Ah so this was Mal's friend—and mother of his children, but she wouldn't bring that up. But as the mother of his children, she had the Beta's loyalty as an extension of her loyalty to Mal. 

No not really, she said first, offering a small shrug. I just visited your island, but you weren't there. She took a seat. Mal sent me to check on things and see if you still needed someone to train your healers. I explored a good amount of the coast trying to catch you, but it seems you were here while I was there. She smiled a little at that. 

Then her eyebrows drew together some in concern as her gaze caught the impatient movement of the other woman's tail. You seem to be in a hurry...Is everything okay? Maybe Simmik could help.
Inuttuk
Common
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
No, not really. In response to if she needed something. Well. Huā wasn't here for useless conversation, and her annoyance increased, ready to leave as soon as there was an empty moment. Unfortunately, Simmik filled the air with words, even took a seat. Huā remained standing, uncomfortable as the Beta spoke, though flicked an ear in acknowledgement of Neverwinter's attempt to return the training favors. Maybe at a later time, that would have been great. Finally Simmik asked the question that would allow Huā to get towards dismissing herself. I need to get to Kaistleoki quickly. We doing some important plans that must be done soon and not later. Huā explained vaguely, gesturing lightly towards the flatlands and mountains that were her destination.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Her concern and curiosity only grew at the mention of important plans. She wondered what was so important that she seemed ready to jet out of here without having a proper conversation with a leader of an allied pack? Her relaxed posture shifted, and she tensed. Regarding the other leader with deepening concern, she asked:Plans? And because she usually indulged her need to gather information, she added: Is it something we should know about? Simmik had no idea who Kaistleoki was, so it may be none of her business, but she felt like she should make sure anyway.
Inuttuk
Common
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
I already tell Mal, Huā explains. Basic-ally, there some criminal near my- and your- pack. In the forest where the trees leak sap. They are violent, kidnapping people, who try to kill and torment the innocent. So I tell Mal- and Ira, from Kaistleoki- we should try and remove them. I afraid of the violence they bring to me, my pack, my children too. She sighed, shaking her head.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She got to her feet, surprise and worry flickering across her face; she knew that forest well. Criminals? She asked first. Who? She stepped forward, her anxiety obvious. I know the leader there, we're—friends Okay they were far more than that, but she didn't feel like getting into the specifics, especially with a near stranger. And kidnapping? Violence? What was she talking about? Maybe there was another forest like Donovan's?
Inuttuk
Common
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
When Simmik rose to her feet, Huā instinctually took a step back, stumbling slightly. Friends? Ah... maybe, you meet someone different? Kidnapper is name Donovan, big dark wolfdog. He nearly kill Aiolos when he trying to save innocent woman captive away from her pack for week. Fur around Aiolos neck still thin, Huā admitted, stretching her neck slightly as if to emphasize her point. 

And his companion. She bother sea lion on the beach without hunting, so I polite ask her to leave. She threaten the two pregnant women who were with me. She also nearly kill innocent girl call Praimfaya when she try to pass peace through their forest. Huā explained. Maybe then, they have nice leader? But your friend sub-subordinate very violent to Yuèlóng and wanderer. She sighed with a shake of her head.

She doubted a nice wolf would recruit criminals like that, though... until she recalled the first time she met him, and Lumiya's subsequent story. Oh! But Donovan, when I first meet him, very smiley and act normal. Even kidnap woman was there, but I not know she kidnap yet that day. But he act like nothing wrong. And Lumiya, queen of Seelie Court tell me he trespass there, laugh at and disrespectful her and her warrior. Huā shrugged then, unsure who her "friend" was, and curious how the puzzle pieces might fall into place.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She suddenly felt sick. The longer the sea wolf continued to speak, the more her stomach turned. She named Donovan plainly; there was no denying who she was referring to now. All these things he had done—that seemed like a different man than the one she knew, the one she had—bile rose in her throat. She swallowed it and looked away for a minute to compose herself. 

The woman, she didn't know. She had never met anyone else in Donovan's pack, just him. Had that been on purpose? Was he playing some kind of game with her? And Aiolos? Aiolos? she finally said. Is—is he okay?

She shook her head, her thoughts all over the place. No, no—Donovan is my friend, we— bile rose in her throat again. The way she explained his smiling almost made the vomit finally come up, but she managed to keep it down for now. How could she have been so easily tricked? 

Her expression turned pained and confused. Anger and betrayal bubbled in her chest. She wanted to march to that damn forest right then and tear a chunk out of his stupid face. I can't believe he fooled me so easily. And what he had done to that girl? It was all too much.
Inuttuk
Common
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Huā nodded, Aiolos healing okay. He will not die. But it is good thing, me, Minori, and other woman there to save him. The wolfdog did not seem want to stop. She sighed. Huā watched as Simmik shook her head, and when the words came tumbling out, the pieces aligned themselves, and the puzzle became a clear picture. Donovan had manipulated this girl. She was young, and although muscled, tough, and high-ranked, perhaps more naive and trusting than she realized- and the smiling, friendly act that Huā had seen from Donovan the first time, must have been the him that Simmik had seen all along.

And she had never known... this violent, kidnapping side of him. If only Huā knew that he had raped his captive too- that would have been a whole new level of terrible news to drop on this girl. Lucky for Simmik, everything Huā had told her was the limit of her knowledge on the man. Whether that rape would be mentioned in his confession was to be seen; and perhaps that would send her on a whole new emotional roller coaster. For now, as Huā watched anger and disgust contort the yearling's face, the empress wished to move forward and embrace her in comfort... and yet she was unsure of her boundaries. She shuffled forward awkwardly, as if offering herself as an option for a shoulder to lean on, and murmured gently, I so sorry. I do not know why men do this; I have been manipulated in same way long time ago. I know your feeling.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
At least Aiolos would be okay. She would need to make a trip back to see for herself at some point once things calmed down a little. 

She didn't tense or try to put any distance between them when Huā came closer; she was fairly tactile. But she was also in shock, and so she didn't move closer when she hesitated either. I don't know what to do, she finally said, her gaze shifting back to the other woman. She might have cried then, but she worked very hard to keep the tears away; she had been humiliated enough today. She had never felt this way before. her life had seemed so different just moments ago, and now it was shit—that was a common theme for her, but she had never felt so betrayed before. It hurt and made her want to do something awful to him, to make him hurt the way she was hurting now. The feeling was like a fire consuming her, and it felt like she had no way to put it out.
Inuttuk
Common
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Huā took her lack of movement any closer to mean that she did not want to. or was not ready to, lean on someone's shoulder or be embraced. Still, Huā remained in place as the girl found her words. Something maternal clutched her heart momentarily, wondering if in a year her daughters might be like this, might be manipulated by evil men, might be fooled and tricked and heartbroken. You do what you think is best. The person who manipulate me was my cousin. When I find out what he do, I want so much to kill and hurt him. But once I escape his hell I just run and not look back. I was afraid, She admitted, unsure what the point of her story was. Maybe you braver than me. She murmured gently. Part of her wanted to hurriedly ask whether Simmik wish to hunt him down and confront him, or whether she desired never to see him again... but she felt it was wrong to pry too much in such a raw moment, and so said nothing.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She was starting to get overwhelmed by all the emotions flying around inside of her. How could this be happening? She thought she was intelligent and perceptive, and yet someone had played her so well. It was a hard truth to swallow, and she had no idea what she would do about it. The thought of confronting him about it seemed like a pretty good place to start, though.

Simmik focused on Huā's story rather than her own unraveling mind. It seemed she understood her situation better than some would. She shook her head when the other woman finished. That doesn't mean you're not brave, she pointed out. It sounds like you survived something awful. She thought that was pretty brave. 

You said you wanted to remove Donovan and his pack? she brought up when she remembered. How do you plan to do that? She had no idea how any of this would go, but she wanted to be prepared because there was no way she wouldn't be involved.
Inuttuk
Common
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Simmik's words were a comfort of their own. The pain of being trafficked, and by someone whom she had considered a close friend, would never fully leave Huā, but being told she was brave meant a lot. There were many times when she had not felt brave in those days. To the perceived compliment, she could only dip her head awkwardly, comforted and yet too uncomfortable to fully accept it by offering a thank you. 

Simmik seemed to gain a new ambition- or perhaps it was only Huā's own hope, but the girl was already asking of their plans. It sound... simple, but, I think we go and ask him to leave, tell him why we do not like him. He is violent man, though- so we bring many wolf, from many pack. We will prepare for fight if necess-cessary, She stuttered, continuing, He just part wolf. Other part lousy dog. I think we will be ready, if we bring enough. Huā murmured, and then turned her gaze upon Simmik, an unspoken question dancing in seaglass: will you be there to help us? Huā could not shame her if she chose to stay home, they had been friends, after all. But the siren knew that after her own cousin had betrayed her, she only had wanted his head upon a platter, no room for forgiveness.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Simmik listened quietly to Huā's plan; it seemed reasonable and well thought out, but she wondered how Donovan would react. She worried he wouldn't go peacefully after everything that she had learned about him, but it seemed there was a contingency plan for that. She didn't share the same prejudice against Donovan's being a half breed that the sea wolf seemed to have; she knew if it came down to a fight, he would prove just as challenging as any full blooded wolf. She had sparred with him and knew his strength well, which was why she was thankful there would be multiple wolves there. 

Simmik saw the question in the other woman's expression, and she nodded in response. I'll be there too, she confirmed. She would have to put whatever she was feeling aside and be a leader because that was part of taking on the role of Beta, at least for her.
Inuttuk
Common
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
wrapping! feel free to post again or archive as is :>

Simmik confirmed she'd be there, and Huā smiled, bowing her head to her momentarily. Thank you, Simmik. I really appreciate your will-ness to help. Huā breathed, and lifted her gaze again, expression serious. I should really be off, now. Thank you for listening, and I hope I see you again soon. If there were no further comments from the Beta, Huā would be on her way quickly, knowing there was little time to waste.