Bearclaw Valley king pest
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
Hope this makes sense / is okay. Let me know if I should edit!

Astara's slender body attempts to eclipse his own, swarming upon his shoulder, gnashing teeth and becoming a putrid fury of motherly rage. The beast twists and snaps of his own accord without care if he should cut her, break her skin or her bone or any piece of her; he is awakened by her violence and loses sight of the child in the heat of the moment.

He is standing, striding from the den mouth, looming over Avicus while they mindlessly crushed a beetle beneath two spead paws. Revui could do as much to her without thinking; he would have felt the crunching of her skeletal system to much the same effect. Astara's whirlwind assault pivots him close to where the girl has settled and he briefly looms there, as if he is a mighty oak about to be felled, and lands a step beyond her just in time to miss that frail little body.

He grasps for the mother and when he feels something give between his teeth, he pulls, using the momentum of her destabilizing presence to aid him; he lifts her clear of the ground and essentially throws her aside, listening as she hits the dirt—and as soon as he is free he is moving back from the den mouth, from Avicus, from the chaos of the scene, breathing raggedly while his silver coat streaks with crimson.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
king pest - by Avicus - July 12, 2020, 11:12 AM
RE: king pest - by Revui (Ghost) - July 14, 2020, 12:05 PM
RE: king pest - by Astyanax - July 14, 2020, 07:09 PM
RE: king pest - by Astara - July 14, 2020, 08:37 PM
RE: king pest - by Avicus - July 15, 2020, 08:40 PM
RE: king pest - by Revui (Ghost) - July 15, 2020, 11:21 PM
RE: king pest - by Astara - July 18, 2020, 07:10 PM
RE: king pest - by Avicus - July 19, 2020, 08:14 PM
RE: king pest - by Revui (Ghost) - July 20, 2020, 12:52 AM
RE: king pest - by Astyanax - July 20, 2020, 02:02 AM