Whitefish River Humble, but Confident
158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana
Yuudai was back. He felt centered, and calm. He felt like himself once again. With a small smile he came as close as he dared to the pack scent of Kaistleoki before he raised his head and called for @Ira. They had only met in passing, despite his children having been born in her territory. But he knew her to be a loyal friend to Reiko, and that was something he needed now more than ever. He wondered if they knew of the political situation in the Empire at the moment. And he was slowly beginning to doubt they would believe him. He still had no idea that Hiromi and Reiko knew that he was still alive. He hoped that Vespera and Collision were able to set the tables in motion for Takeshi's final demise.

The samurai waited patiently for the arrival of the one she had called, or a passing patroller. He wasn't in a rush, but there was final thing he had to do while he was here. A final test for himself, to know that he had rediscovered his ancestry and his heritage. He had heard of the warrior @Hieronymous from Vespera. He wished to test himself against the man, and stay for a couple days if they would allow. Then again he was prepared to leave if they did not wish to get involved in the internal conflict of the Vale.
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It had been a fairly quiet day, even the birds only spoke from a distance. The Count had taken the chance to revel in the silence, just her and the small sounds of nature's breath around her as she made her way along the borders. It was almost as if nothing had changed since the previous year when all was good. Sunlight filtered through the leaves and danced along the ground, a sight that could put any into a trance, even Ira found herself zoning out until a voice called on the wind.

Golden eyes blinked back to the present as her head turned towards the sound. It was vaguely familiar, but not enough so to piece together who might be calling, so naturally, Ira followed. It wouldn't take her long, though she did pause to brush up along trees as she passed until a white pelt came into view. He carried the Empire's scent, though faint he was one of Reiko's men. Coming to a stop just a short distance away, Ira would raise her head as she acknowledged the man's presence, Hello, you called for our leadership?
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
It wasn't often she wandered near the borders, but she had done so today on her walk to stretch her legs. Emrik was watching the children for her so that she could take a short break, and she had followed the river down a ways, taking note of the plant life. When she could spend more time away from the den, she would need to spend a good part of a day cleaning out her herbs and replenishing what was low. Today, though, she was just taking a walk—no work, or so she tried to tell herself.

She heard a call and then the faint scent of their sister pack caught her attention as she moved near the borders. The scent mixed with Ira's, and she was instantly curious. She had been wondering how Reiko was doing after the last time she saw her. The healer was worried about her, but she hadn't been able to leave and she wouldn't be able to for some time. 

She saw the pair on the borders and came to stand next to Ira. She was unsure what they had been talking about but she had to ask her question. I'm sorry to interrupt, she said gently. But you smell like our sister pack. How is Reiko? If she couldn't leave to check on the empress herself, then this was the next best thing.
158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana
It wasn't long before he was greeted by a tall woman, to whom he dipped his head. "I did. Can I assume you are Ira?" Reiko had spoken of the woman before, recounting her adventures in Kaistleoki while she was on her own. Yuudai dropped into a deeper bow, respectful of not only her status as Count but also due to her friendship with his Empress. "It is a pleasure..." His soft voice was over come by the arrival of yet another woman. The samurai was suddenly worried perhaps the first woman wasn't in fact Ira, regardless he smiled at the comely woman.

"Not to worry, I'm the one interrupting your day." The mention of Reiko dropped his smile slowly, as he thought of the proper response. "Last I saw her... she was in good physical health." The woman's simple question, came with a loaded answer. "I am Yuudai. I a— was the Marquise for the Empire." The man doubted they would know of him, but he hoped to gain their trust and this was the first step.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
"Can I assume you are Ira?"

She shouldn't be surprised that the man knew of her, especially if he hailed from the Empire, though before a proper response could be made she found her eyes flicked to Speedy as she approached the pair. She was surprised to see the healer along the borders, let alone inquiring about Reiko, had more happened than she was aware? Perhaps she was just concerned for the wellbeing of one of her patients, Speedy had always been like that. 

Thankfully, Ira would not have to worry for long as Yuudai confirmed her health...though the wording was strange, Good physical health? Then came the next twist, Are you no longer with our allies? It would make sense as to why he called instead of freely crossing their borders. Each statement only left the Count more confused as Ira reflected on the news Collison had brought her not long ago. I am Ira, Count of Kaistleoki. Speedy is our physician, she helped deliver Reiko's young. Perhaps the small bit of information would help answer any of Yuudai's own questions.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She was happy to hear that Reiko was in good physical health, but that didn't exactly tell her how she was overall; in fact, it was vague enough to make her wonder if there was more to the story that wasn't being offered up. She shelved whatever question she had about it, though, her attention shifting to the way he said he was the marquise for the Empire. Ira then asked the question that had been on her mind, and Speedy watched Yuudai, curious about the answer. But before he could speak, she cleared her throat. Maybe we could find somewhere more comfortable for this conversation, she offered, looking over the man with concern. It didn't necessarily have to be within the borders; she wasn't sure Ira would be comfortable with that, especially given that it seemed he might not be with their allies anymore. You must be hungry, the healer said next. I can go get you something to eat, and then you can tell us whatever you need to tell us.

She looked to Ira then to make sure she was okay with this plan. 

I figured we could fade here?
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
works for me!

The Count cast her friend a brief glance as she suggested they move elsewhere. She still had questions but...given what might follow she sighed and gave a nod. He didn't seem to come under aggressive terms so chances were he could be trusted with a meal. Very well. Come, lets get things sorted out. With a gesture of her head, Ira would turn before leading the samurai away from the borders.